• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aluminum Dana 20 Transfer Case Cover

Louie

Bronco Guru
I find it refreshing and usually entertaining to hear what people REALLY think though :D

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
ROFL...

good to see sum 1 else get a tounge lashing for overstating the obvious!!!! I have been the whipping post for those who feel that my opinion is INDEED NOT my opinion and that if they CRY, KICK and SCREAM... even sling sum mud that my OPINION will magically become theirs! ;D

Well, I agree with 1/2 of yer stand Mr. Schem, it is GAY that the WH logo is so HUGE and SHINY when only a mechanic or crowd after ya ROLL it will see... BUT I TOTALLY disagree that the D20 is a tough X-fer case!!!! I'd give it a C+ at BEST!

If the D20 was SOOOOO great you'd see folks sport'n it on new rigs today! Likewise, why is/was the 300m out-put shaft SUCH a popular add-on if the D20 was as beefy as ya claim ?:?

BUT lastly, LOL... why the HELL do you guys get SOOOOOOOOOOOO offended if sum-1 has a diffrent opinion than yours?
GET A GRIP YO!
If ya want 1 opinion and 1 ONLY MOVE the hell to Russia! I hear Mr. PUTTEN has nearly the same talent for conformity as another popular dictator from Germany... I think his name was Mr. HITLER!

This is USA, we can have our own opinion, you don't have to like it... but don't be a DINK about it if sum-1 has a differing view than YOUR NARROW 1!

yeesh... I do indeed digress ;)

:cool:
-keep yer chin up buddy, I'm in yer corner-

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
PS-

why did ya edit every post? were you a lil harsh the 1st go around? HeHe, should have left 'em as is! the pot needs a GOOD stir once in a while, other-wise stuff burns to the bottom!

hehe you and yer ricer rig ;)

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
IMO, I immediately dislike all products with the seller's name on it. :p

And if it is supposed to add rigidity, why not thicker steel?
I'm no engineer, but aluminum is more brittle, hardly an upgrade.
And I don't think D20 tcases breaking is a huge issue. If you're breaking them, get a Stak or an Atlas, an aluminum cover isn't going to help.

Has anyone noticed how certain vendors seem "unquestionable" on this forum.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Is Titanium bling?

I know of someone that has a bulletproof glass cover.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Having read this thread I have decided to weigh in. Everyone has an opinion and I like hearing both sides.

Now, as a sidebar, at least no one has jumped into this thread, beating someone down because they didn't do a search on it before they commented or questioned.

snake

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Here is another one for you. :-*

Attachments

• th_IMG_0002.JPG
    th_IMG_0002.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 121

kntr

Bronco Guru
A guy in our club broke his this weekend too in two.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Too bad they didn't have that aluminum cover - I'm sure it would have prevented these failures. (sic) ;)