• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Amazing pipe bender

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Normally I'd say "shut up and take my money."

But I have a feeling I could never afford one. :(

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
WOW!

As the owner of a DIY run of the mill manual tube bender I could never imagine using an automated system like this. Clearly intended for mass production...

RPM289

Pipe bender?

WOW!

As the owner of a DIY run of the mill manual tube bender I could never imagine using an automated system like this. Clearly intended for mass production...

So what are you using? I need to fab one up for myself looking for ideas! ;D

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
So what are you using? I need to fab one up for myself looking for ideas! ;D

I'm using a ProBender Pro3 vertical bender. It's of those put together yourself kits. Uses standard dies (same style of JD2 bender). What I like most about it is the vertical bending approach, takes up far less space than a horizontal bender (like JD2). And if you don't have enough ceiling height in your garage for a long piece, you simply wheel it outside.

http://www.probender.com/probender/drupal/product/pro3-hydraulic-tube-bender

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Definitely intended for mass production.

Like most production CNC equipment it will probably need to run at least 16 hours a day to pay off in a reasonable time frame.

Looking at it I was thinking of all the things it would make easily.

Headers
Bumpers
Roof racks
Exhaust pipes (max. tube is over 2.25")

Motorcycle handlebars
Chairs
Stainless steel patio furniture

It will cost you a lot of money, but it will make you a lot of money.