• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another "how much will it cost" rust repair question

Rocket600R

I understand these posts are typically hard to answer but looking for some ballpark opinions.

I'm looking at the following bronco on CL https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/4849602561.html

I like the fact that it is uncut and has the desired lift I'd want. Assuming it runs ok, I'd primarily be concerned with rust repair.

While I'd love to prep the truck myself, I'd have no time with work and kids. That said, I'd have to hand it over to a body shop.

So, in your opinion, what do you think a "reasonable" shop would charge to prep / paint to an acceptable quality (not frame off / show quality)

I'm also assuming you wouldn't need to replace any quarters...

Thanks all

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
It will be very hard to find a shop willing to do a rustoration on anything with that much rust. There is quite a bit of rust there you don't see. We prefere doing quick and easy collision work because it's a lot more profitable. If you do find a shop willing to do it make sure they give you a lifetime warranty and use good quality paint and clear. We have a Mazda Miata at work now that we are doing. It is getting a fender and bumper replaced and the rest has small dents here and there. The estimate is written a little over 10K. I don't think you will find a shop willing to do it for much less than 10K.

OP
OP
Rocket600R

Rocket600R

Yikes. That's what I was afraid of. Likely not worth dumping that kind of money into it....

Thanks for the feedback.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That sux because the body really lines up nice on that Bronco except for the drivers door, which looks to have a little sag in it. Like stated above, I bet it is completely eat up with rust, especially coming from the NE.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Really had to tell how much rust it has, the other issue is as soon as you tear into it the project "explodes"....new weather stripping, seats, carpet, wiring, etc.

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Places to look for bad rust is behind the inner fender wells. I bought one many years ago. After removing the carpet I found aluminum road signs siliconed to completely rusted out floor boards:eek: The Bronco parts companies i.e. Tom's Bronco parts and Wildhorses have replacement panels for just about everything. Good luck. Not sure about the $6800 though. Might be high for it's condition. Maybe not