• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another How Much....

nj_thusar

Contributor
Loc.
Asbury Park, NJ
Everything from my engine rebuild to my dana 20 rebuild has been done on my own, once you guys convinced me.

This time, its breaks. And I really don't intend to do this one on my own. Fires and breaks downs are one thing, but not stopping scares the crap out of me.

I will go for the Disk/Rear Drum setup. I got the parts now thanks to you-pull-its, I just want the install done, lines a all.

So labor wise, what do you think? 80 per hr x 4hrs? (80 is the average on my barrier island). I am Running a Dana 30...

Thanks,

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Not sure on labor but if you've done an engine rebuild along with a D20 rebuild etc...brakes should be a no-brainier. I'd had never done them before either and it was pretty straight forward.

OP
OP
nj_thusar

nj_thusar

Contributor
Loc.
Asbury Park, NJ
Yeah, each of those rebuilds took a year and I messed up a few times. So, breaks just give me the willys about messing up.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
You could do your brakes for what it would cost you in labor! Just do it yourself! There's really nothing that is overly difficult. Should only take 2-4 hours to do all of the brakes.

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I totally understand. When it's time for a 351w...I will be getting a crate motor. But for brakes, if you do it yourself, you'll be able to fix/adjust them later on. I imagine that could be said for about anything though. Good luck:)

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
I'd have to agree that you should be able to handle the brakes if you have rebuilt the engine and transfercase. The knowledge you have learned from those should be plenty. If you do have trouble let me know I can't be too far from you and I'd be glad to help.it would save you a bunch of $ too.

OP
OP
nj_thusar

nj_thusar

Contributor
Loc.
Asbury Park, NJ
Thank you Sir!

Need to meet up soon. I see a few EBs in Point, but never any owners.

There is also an EB just before the Mantoloking Bridge, never moves. I think this weekend I'm going to check it out, see what the happs

tk1218

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flower Mound
I just did my drums on my own and I have not done anything as complicated as the engine. Pulling the front hub apart was intimidating at first, but is old hat now. Getting the brakes bleed was the tough part, but was easy once all the leaks were fixed.