• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

another new guy asks about passenger air vent

Ropagnani

Quick question for my '73 that i just got, aka: The Rabbit Hole! is there a way to install a new passenger side fresh air vent without removing the fender? My PO removed it and plugged up the hole in the sidewall, i currently have the dash completely removed and am replacing the heater box. thoughts? how big of a project is removing the fender? I am a new guy to all of this! thanks in advance!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kind of double-asked, but it's probably good that you started your own thread too, since it's an unusual one and deserves it's own discussion maybe.

I should have asked in the other one, but just what was in there before you tore it apart?
You said the hole is plugged, so did the previous owner have an aftermarket heater setup in it? Maybe with A/C?;);D (mine has it and I love it!). Are you putting a stock heater box back in it, or something else?
Sounds like you're going with stock, but I figured I'd ask in case there were any other customizations in it's past.

Good luck. On the whole project if it's more than just this.
You doing a full body and chassis restoration? Or just getting it driving?

Paul

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
You cannot reinstall the passenger air duct without removing the fender. It bolts to the kick panel from the outside, underneath the fender.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
And the fender is held in place with bolts and screws. You can probably go around and identify all of them. If the Bronco is in good shape the bolts will be no problem. If there is rust and related issues, the bolts could be painful to remove. Light rust, a good soaking with Liquid Wrench would do the trick.Take your time and be patient and it will come off and go back on with little drama.