• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another New member

Old-Red

Loc.
Chico, CA
Hi folks, I just wanted to introduce myself and say great place you have here. I've been lurking about here since last summer and have to say the knowledge here is great. My Grandfather gave me his 1972 bronco last June. He is 92 and felt it was time to pass it on. He bought it around 1976 with 15k miles on it and now is at 115k. It was always kept under cover and from the stories it has been from Mexico to Alaska all while towing a small travel trailer. It has the rear cut but is mostly stock. I plan on lifting it a bit when I have the funds and time. Anyway thanks for the great site!

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 60

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome aboard!..and you certainly have a very nice baseline to work with there..not to mention the 'sentimental' aspect.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Welcome to the addiction!!!;D Lots of great people here who would love to help you if you need it.

I have to ask: is that a ball hitch on the front of your bronco????

Welcome!

JiM

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Welcome! What an awesome legacy your grandfather passed to you. I hope you treat it with pride and pass it on as well.

J.D.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Awesome.. Great story. Nothing like those that are passed on, & you at least know all the history of it.

Welcome..!

JHD

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Welcome. Mexico to Alaska... I can't even begin to imagine everything your Bronco and grandpa have done and seen together. Thats great!

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Welcome, and you will learn that there is a large group of Bronco enthusiasts around you, and on this site. Remember no questions are dumb question's and enjoy yourself.

Shawn

OP
OP
O

Old-Red

Loc.
Chico, CA
Thanks guys! Yes that is a ball hitch on the front. My grandfather owned an Almond orchard and used the bronco to move equipment or trailers around. I have plans of a new bumber among other things and have already put power steering on it. I am lucky enough to know the owners of a custom shop here that loves Bronco's and does ground up builds all the time. Here is a picture of his.

Attachments

• IMG_1292BB.jpg
    IMG_1292BB.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 26

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
What a gift!!!! Give the old man a hug for us ;D ;D ;D

Oh, and welcome. Please vote for our site every day (bottom of page) if you agree that it ROCKS!!! :cool:

BIGED

Guru ????
Great Looking Ride. Mine Has Been In The Family For 18 Years , I Wanted It The First Time I Saw It But No Sale. It Was My Mothers And I Had A Undestanding That It Would Be Mine Some Day,so I Waited A Long Time . Then A Divorce It Was Gone With The Exhusband. A Year Later It Was Back ,they Remarried ,the Bronco Was Home ! Then To Years Ago He Called Me Said He Was Ready To Sell 15 Minutes Later I Had The Title And The Bronco And That Was The First Time I DROVE It. Well Worth The Wait!! So Have Fun With It I Know I Have Been,Even When I Brake Stuff. ;D