• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Russo and Steele Bronco

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
http://www.russoandsteele.com/collector_car/1969_ford_bronco__/42-6020.html#

This very nice EB belongs to one of our ACB club members. They're in their mid 80s now and have decided to finally sell their beloved truck. The description is not quite correct. Short of about the Bronco's first month of life, he is the original owner. His sister-in-law bought it brand new and after a month or so, couldn't make the payments so he bought it from her.

Lots of great stories about the truck. My favorite is when they drove it into a vertical mineshaft nose first. They crawled out the back window and then the owner crawled down along the underside of the truck, unhooked his winch and snaked it out to pull the truck out of the shaft backwards. They are a true rough-n-tough AZ couple. The wife only missed one elk hunt in 50 years, and that's because she was in the hospital having one of their children!

Those of you who have attended our Stampede in the past few years have probably met Tom and Sally Woods (not *that* Tom Woods, as Tom would say). A truly fine couple with a beautiful truck that gets used.

Todd Z.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
That's the rig, I inspire mine to be!..... Sad to see them sell it, but they had a lot of great miles out of it. I only wish I could pull that kind of coin together and save it from someone hacking it up...

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Very nice Bronco. I have a factory stock Bronco - what happened to my factory installed CB and tach?? I want them back!

From the write up -

"The Bronco's overall design was simple with flat glass, no-frills bumpers, and a square body. The $2,194 base price included front bucket seats, a rear bench, CB radio, and tachometer. An auxiliary gas tank, snowplow, winch, tow bar, posthole digger, campers, overdrive units, and an array of tires and wheels were also available from Ford dealerships."

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
I like the coin purse to protect the dash from the keys... Excellent idea (that came about 40 years to late for my rig!)

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
Any idea when this is supposed to roll across the stage?

I'm curious about the selling price as I'm researching insurance values for my Bronco and it's build is reasonably close to this one.

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
I talked to him for a long time at the Stampede. He really likes his truck and showing it off.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great folks I'm very sad to see that Bronco sold and I hope it finds a very good home. Thats also been their hunting rig for years and both of them hunted out of it until the last year or so.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Any idea when this is supposed to roll across the stage?

I'm curious about the selling price as I'm researching insurance values for my Bronco and it's build is reasonably close to this one.

We're still two months away from auction time (roughly) so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't know what day it'll go yet. I will be watching closely too.

Todd Z.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Does this auction run the same time as BJ, the wife and I are going out to Scotsdale for a week to take in the BJ auction

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Does this auction run the same time as BJ, the wife and I are going out to Scotsdale for a week to take in the BJ auction

Looks like Russo and Steele is Jan 20-24th and BJ is the 18th-24th so you can have a two-fer while you're out there. They're just a few miles away from each other too.

Todd Z.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
nice story, thanks for sharing Todd...

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
That really is a beauty and what a story. That one's a keeper so I hope someone who can appreciate it buys it.