• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another turn signal issue

Linelifer

Loc.
Durham
I Installed a new painless harness, PO had installed a flaming river column. When it comes time to test turn signals they don't work. Brake lights work as they should but when I hit the brakes both turn indicators come on solid. When I hit the turn signal, no gauge indicator. I don't currently have front signals installed (waiting on parts) but rear lights are installed. No reverse lights either when I hot wire the reverse lights together (waiting on a reverse light switch). I'm sure I wired up the adapter from ford to gm style column wiring correct. But I'm lost. I've tried reading every thread but couldn't see something that matched this.

OP
OP
L

Linelifer

Loc.
Durham
Could it be bad tail light buckets? Or do I need to run a ground directly off the column? Seems like a ground issue

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Led or regular? Correct flasher installed if LED?

They worked before you did the harness, right?

Reverse is totally separate. Your reverse light switch handles that 100%, so that’s your shifter or internal transmission switch and if that doesn’t work, you prob wired it wrong.

OP
OP
L

Linelifer

Loc.
Durham
Reverse light switch isn't installed I literally have the 2 wires and I'm butting them together to turn them on, it's a painless kit labeled reverse lights. Those are regular bulbs, the rear blinkers are one of the led pads, I'll probably switch them back to regular bulbs to test again, I've got the resistor packs coming in the mail but my normal experience with LEDs is that they blink faster than normal lights, not no blink at all. And the indicators don't come on with the blinkers but they do come on when I hit the brakes

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
generally, an LED will not blink at all as the flasher doesn't recognize they are there.

This flasher worked great for me:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075G5XX5K/?tag=classicbroncos-20

Reverse lights should have power going through it so test it. When the switch is activated, power is sent to the reverse bulb and when it's not, it's only hot on one side of the switch.