• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any Arizona Classic Bronco members?

nathan_1970

Just wondering how many Arizona Classic Bronco members are here?

I just payed to become a member a week ago and am looking forward to the stampede coming up.

I would use the Arizona Classic Bronco forums but I haven't been given access yet, hopefully soon.

Well anyway just wanted to see how many people were over here also.

nathan_1970

70_Steve

Old Guy
There are quite a few ACB members here on CB.com. Me, for instance!

The forum on the ACB site is nice, but not nearly as active as this one.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Whether or not our dues are paid up or not, there are quite a number of us here that I would consider ACB'ers: BroncoBowsher, Motoman, Admin, 70_Steve, 1sicbronconut, Mr. Rags, yjzonie, needabronco, JackholeRacer, u10072, RobertC, hoochdog, etc.

Todd Z.

jondokken

Loc.
Phoenix
I just got into the EB world 2 months ago and was wondering if the ACB would be worth joining. Any of you guys have any good feedback regarding the club and/or events?

distended

Contributor
I think its worth it, I've tried to become a member twice. Went through all the "fill this out" stuff but never got any response. Is one of ACB admins here or someone who knows one of them?

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
I also tried to sign up a month ago and sent $50 to them last week and still haven't hear from them. I'd love to join or at least get my money back haha... I'm from Tucson, any other Tucson members here?

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

There are quite a few ACB members here on CB.com. Me, for instance!

The forum on the ACB site is nice, but not nearly as active as this one.

First one out of the gate. Thanks for the info!

Whether or not our dues are paid up or not, there are quite a number of us here that I would consider ACB'ers: BroncoBowsher, Motoman, Admin, 70_Steve, 1sicbronconut, Mr. Rags, yjzonie, needabronco, JackholeRacer, u10072, RobertC, hoochdog, etc.

Todd Z.

Thanks for the heads up! it seems like a good amount are here.

I think its worth it, I've tried to become a member twice. Went through all the "fill this out" stuff but never got any response. Is one of ACB admins here or someone who knows one of them?

I am actually having the same issues. I can't find a way to contact anyone about registration concerns and what not. This is one of the reasons I posted this thread.

The second reason I posted here is to get a little info about the Stampede.

I have a family of 5 that would like to go to the Stampede this year but was wondering about the fees. It says it is $45 dollars for members to attend but how many people will that cover? It isn't $45 a person is it?

I also tried to sign up a month ago and sent $50 to them last week and still haven't hear from them. I'd love to join or at least get my money back haha... I'm from Tucson, any other Tucson members here?

I payed last week also and haven't heard a word and my money has already cleared. They most be busy getting ready for the Stampede?

Last edited:

70_Steve

Old Guy
The second reason I posted here is to get a little info about the Stampede.

I have a family of 5 that would like to go to the Stampede this year but was wondering about the fees. It says it is $45 dollars for members to attend but how many people will that cover? It isn't $45 a person is it?

I payed last week also and haven't heard a word and my money has already cleared. They most be busy getting ready for the Stampede.
No, it's pretty much $45 for your Bronco. But that $45 only includes 2 dinners. When you register for the Stampede, you'll have an opportunity to purchase other items, including extra dinners, if you'll need them.

Mike Corder is in charge of membership. Go on the ACB web site and get his email address from the Members List. It sometimes takes until April or May for me to get the membership card...

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I just printed out my Stampede registration form last night and I'm planning on stopping at Driven on the way home tonight to write a check for the Stampede and my 2013 membership. Steve is right - getting your membership card may take awhile - the club board is a group of volunteers that do things as they have time available in their busy lives like the rest of us. If you pay by mail, it may be a month until the check is picked up from the post office. Paypal is quicker but you may not necessarily hear anything right away. Contacting Mike Corder as Steve suggests is a good first start.

You can also ask Stampede questions or general membership questions here too and we can try to answer them for you.

I'm a little old-school and still believe in club membership. Clubs in general, and not just 4WD clubs, have suffered in the years since Mr. Gore invented the Internet and folks have gravitated to having 3,000 internet buddies instead of real flesh-and-blood interaction. The club dues go to help various groups with land use issues (very worthy cause), some charity donations, Stampede costs, and various administrative costs.

ACB has managed to survive for over 20 years now due to good runs/events and enthusiastic and helpful members and an ever-evolving interest in these wonderful old trucks.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

No, it's pretty much $45 for your Bronco. But that $45 only includes 2 dinners. When you register for the Stampede, you'll have an opportunity to purchase other items, including extra dinners, if you'll need them.

Mike Corder is in charge of membership. Go on the ACB web site and get his email address from the Members List. It sometimes takes until April or May for me to get the membership card...

Thank you for this info! I will contact Mike Corder with well thought out questions. The site needs a contact us link so newbies have a way to get in touch.

I just printed out my Stampede registration form last night and I'm planning on stopping at Driven on the way home tonight to write a check for the Stampede and my 2013 membership. Steve is right - getting your membership card may take awhile - the club board is a group of volunteers that do things as they have time available in their busy lives like the rest of us. If you pay by mail, it may be a month until the check is picked up from the post office. Paypal is quicker but you may not necessarily hear anything right away. Contacting Mike Corder as Steve suggests is a good first start.

So you are going to go to Driven 4X4 Parts store and pay for the Stampede and membership? If so I will check that out when paying for the Stampede.

I figured this wasn't a full time or even a part time job for anyone. I am not really upset with my membership not getting approved right away, more just curious how long to expect to wait until it does clear, which you guys have cleared up. Thanks!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
So you are going to go to Driven 4X4 Parts store and pay for the Stampede and membership? If so I will check that out when paying for the Stampede.

Yes, Mike works at Driven one day a week (Tuesday?) so I figure that way the $$ will get to him quickly. I had stuff to drop off there anyway so I figured I could kill several birds with one stone.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

Yes, Mike works at Driven one day a week (Tuesday?) so I figure that way the $$ will get to him quickly. I had stuff to drop off there anyway so I figured I could kill several birds with one stone.

Todd Z.

Thanks for the tips and help! I feel way more in the loop now.

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

I have been looking at azbronco.org but cannot find the section for members list or anything like that. Maybe this section is only accessible if you are a member already?

Could you or anyone reading this that has Mike Corder's email address please pm me with it?

70_Steve

Old Guy
I have been looking at azbronco.org but cannot find the section for members list or anything like that. Maybe this section is only accessible if you are a member already?

Could you or anyone reading this that has Mike Corder's email address please pm me with it?
Huh... Never noticed that the Members List doesn't show up until after you log in!

PM sent.

AZ69EB

Another great way is to come join us at our monthly meeting. We meet every month on the second Monday of the month at Denny's Resturant on 650 N Scottsdale Rd, Tempe, AZ, 85281.

Mike Corder is usually there and will take care of all of your needs. Plus, it's a great way to meet people and check out the bronco's in the parking lot.

Sam

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

Another great way is to come join us at our monthly meeting. We meet every month on the second Monday of the month at Denny's Resturant on 650 N Scottsdale Rd, Tempe, AZ, 85281.

Mike Corder is usually there and will take care of all of your needs. Plus, it's a great way to meet people and check out the bronco's in the parking lot.

Sam

Sounds like a good idea.

I thought you had to be a member before going to the meetings, that is why I have been holding back. I will try and go to the next one.

*Edit* I will have to make it to the following one because I currenty don't have any front seats.

AZ69EB

That's the great part. Most members and bronco owners in general are always in some state of repair or upgrade. You need to remember, it's never done and you always want to add some new upgrad to your bronco.

Just show up and have fun.

Oildog

Loc.
AJ
Count me in...I've been a member since 94, great club and GREAT folks in it. The Stampede is an every year event for my family and I've made lifelong friends from it. It's a pretty casual event, fun wheeling and the best vendor raffle around! Don't worry too much about acknowledging membership or Stampede purchase...they see it and you'll be on the list...I Paypal mine in and it's always gone through fine...the membership card and decal will come. When you come to the Stampede, look for the group with the pickup campers with slide outs...we'll have a cold one waiting for you!:D

Last edited:
OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

Count me in...I've been a member since 94, great club and GREAT folks in it. The Stampede is an every year event for my family and I've made lifelong friends from it. It's a pretty casual event, fun wheeling and the best vendor raffle around! Don't worry too much about acknowledging membership or Stampede purchase...they see it and you'll be on the list...I Paypal mine in and it's always gone through fine...the membership card and decal will come. When you come to the Stampede, look for the group with the pickup campers with slide outs...we'll have a cold one waiting for you!:D

So far I'm liking the warm welcomes! I'll be bringing plenty of brews also, so I can get a jump on introductions :). I will look out for you guys at the Stampede, maybe at the next meeting also.

Mike got me all straighted out with all my ACB membership questions and requests. He was a real nice guy to deal with also.