• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

any good engine rebuild shops in Md

edinning

Loc.
Woodbine Maryland
I was going to only replace the main and rod bearing to get a few more years of use,but I think I will just do what is needed. The motor is a stock 76 302. I need a good shop in Maryland as I don't have the time to do the rebuild myself or the skill.

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
I posted on a couple of racing boards. I know you don't need a race motor, but if a shop can build 1000+HP successfully, they should be able to build yours as well. i.e. bullet proof. I would expect it will take a couple of days to get any replies. I will forward them as they come.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There is a superb engine builder - small shop but 25-30 years solid reputation built up - not too far from you. Race, stock, anything in between. Jonathan Pfefferkorn is the proprietor/builder..he is right off Rt. 144 on ...how bout that..Pfefferkorn Road. It's.. say.. about 2/3 the way from Lisbon to Cooksville on 144 whwere you turn off..right across from the Streaker's horse farm.. Coming from 144 on Pfefferkorn Road,, his shop is on the left side of the road..if you hit the Glenelg intersection at 32, you have gone too far. He's probably in the yr phone book, but I'm not sure what he calls himself these days...

grauerfam

Loc.
Owings Mills,MD
I've had 2 motors built by Mancini Machine @ Rolling Rd and Rt. 40 close to the beltway. The 1st was a 351 short block which I finished myself, then a chevy 350 oil pan to intake. His shop is immaculate- clean enough to eat off the floor. I had both balanced( about 100 bucks way back when) and boy did they run smooooooth!

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Here is another reply I got:

Ray,

Jeff at Gunther Machine in Walkersville, MD is also a good shop and his family is a blue oval family. I was at the shop yesterday and noticed the old B&W photos on the wall from the 60's and they raced a front engine dragster and it looked like a SB Ford.

Gunthers Machine
10510 Woodsboro Pike
Walkersville, MD 21793
phone: (301) 898-5840