• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any Interest in a Southern New Mexico Gathering?

broncbuster

Any one interested in a Southern New Mexico gathering, meet & greet or trail run of some kind? Some time in the fall would be good as the weather is so perfect. We could do a run in the Las Cruces area. Robledos or Dona Anas or ????? Any one in El Paso interested?

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
I might be interested, narrow down the date a little.
also I'm trying to get the NM broco owners to go to a trail run I've got planned for sept 20 out at the Rio Puerco bring your heap and yota buddy's

Hazegray

Count me in! I'm dragging my feet right now with my BB 9" install though :(

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
I will probably be there! The fall is a very good time to do this, and I could lead a few trails also.

I felt bummed about missing the albuquerque m&g, But a 440 mile round trip at 10 mpg wasn't happening:-[

I say we should shoot for sometime in mid-October. Also what trail would we be running?

OP
OP
broncbuster

broncbuster

Well everybody, since I made the original post my 18 yr old decided to be on the NMSU drumline (he had previously decided not to) and then my 16 yr old decided he is going to be on the Onate drumline again this year (he had previously decided not to) so there goes my entire fall. It looks like I'll probably have Oct 18 open. The 18 yr old has to be at the stadium at 4:00 so I guess he and his bronco will have to leave early if we do it that day.

As for trails I was thinking of something of moderate difficulty in the Robledos. I have only been to the Robledos like twice. We go to the Dona Anas all the time since it's pretty much in our backyard and with $4 gas..... So I'm pretty bored w/ the Dona Anas. Maybe one of the trails that is a moderate if you use the bypasses and then whoever doesn't want to push it too hard doesn't have to and whoever wants to can.

Any comments on the date? Ideas on trails?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
YA'LL don't forget deer season is about to open around those times ..muzzle loader season ..or bow... you wouldn't want to be there on their week end adding to the crowd...

OP
OP
broncbuster

broncbuster

Does anybody bow or muzzleloader hunt in the Robledos? Anybody know? I doubt it. Seems like too open, too long of shots.

OP
OP
broncbuster

broncbuster

based on what I've read and heard I was thinking hoppin' jalapeno. Amatista is rated as hard isn't it? My oldest son went with some bronco guys from Texas at the Chili Challenge a couple of years ago. He said they did Amatista and there were some broken parts and some body damage. He may have been wrong on what trail it was tho. Come to think of it I think he said it was heeps that broke so whatever.

I figure probably not everybody will want to do a hard trail. That's why I thought an intermediate with some hard optional obstacles would be good for everybody.

I don't have any lift on my bronco yet, and I'm just running 3.54 gears w/ a factory posi still. I hope to do a 3 1/2" lift by then but who knows. Seems like all my extra money is going in the gas tank right now. Hopefully everybody will agree on a trail I can do w/o tearing it up. I do have 33s on it so it does fairly well. The tires don't rub due to big flares and worked over inner fenders/tubs.
there maybe some other people want to come that have pretty stock rigs too so.....

Also, we can have a BBQ at my house after the run if everybody wants to. If not that's fine too.

Anybody coming from out of town can park an rv or camp at my place as long as they don't wake up the neighbors. We've got 5 acres so there's room.

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
Amatista is only hard if you run it backwards, normal direction it is moderate. all you need to do Amatista is a strong rear bumper;D

Judging by the way your truck is set up hoppin' jalapeno would probably be better for you.

OP
OP
broncbuster

broncbuster

So I guess the consensus is that Oct 18 is good. I guess we have a while to figure out which trail(s) to do. Could everyone who knows the trails sound off on which they prefer? If everyone wants to do Amatista I'll just make sure I get my lift and a strong rear bumper by then.;D

WILD CHILD

Loc.
las cruce
I'm in, heck I'm in for a run almost anytime. A freind of mine that is in the procces of moving over here and I ran off broadway last thursday. If anybody wants to go play in the Las Cruces area give me a call anytime.