• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any interest in steel Bronco script logos?

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
I will take a picture of my dash after work today, I have one where the stock radio goes, it is a chrome box with a light behind it to help light up the dash at night.. plus the kids think it looks cool.

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
how thick can you cut one out? and how much?

The max thickness in plain steel is 0.250". In stainless it's 0.090". Cost depends on thickness, type of steel, and overall size of the part. Brushed stainless material is much more expensive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
I will take a picture of my dash after work today, I have one where the stock radio goes, it is a chrome box with a light behind it to help light up the dash at night.. plus the kids think it looks cool.

That's cool. I think Adam is doing the same sort of thing with his center console. Lighting up his logo from behind. To give you an idea of the capabilities of the laser, I cut these parts out for him.

attachment.php

attachment.php

A link to his build: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116887&page=22

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Awesome! Do you think you could make a panel that would cover my ash tray hole?

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
Probably so. I would just need dimensions. As you can see from my signature, I am currently without a Bronco, so I cant take measurements myself. :cry:

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Probably so. I would just need dimensions. As you can see from my signature, I am currently without a Bronco, so I cant take measurements myself. :cry:

Sure - I'll PM you some tonight!

crab

Bronco Guru
I like the idea as well. As a matter of fact, a few years ago, I paid the set up fee's and had a company in Portland make me some samples exactly like the one you're showing. Still in the works to incorporate the script into our cages like Josh mentioned for a 3rd break light ect. There are legal issues you should be aware of before copying the script that I'm sure someone will jump your $#!+ over, but I'm sure there are ways around it.
Good luck........Crab

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
There are legal issues you should be aware of before copying the script that I'm sure someone will jump your $#!+ over, but I'm sure there are ways around it.
Good luck........Crab

That's true. But if you've noticed I haven't posted anything for sale here. I'm just asking you guys if there is any interest in some steel parts that happen to have the Bronco script on them. What you guys decide to do with that information is up to you. ;D

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
bronco dash mounted ..

Here is some pics of my dash with one covering the old radio spot, easy to install a light behind it and helps find stuff at night... the one with lights out does not do it justice.. camera isnt that great for that kinda shot.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 42

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
The max thickness in plain steel is 0.250". In stainless it's 0.090". Cost depends on thickness, type of steel, and overall size of the part. Brushed stainless material is much more expensive.

i need something thick enough to weld it to like a 4 link axle bracket or what not.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
fenders

Hey Carl, what would be really cool! Do a set of fenders with the Bronco script laser out right where the chrome script are supposed to be. Then do a backlit with LED's. As soon as you hit your lights the scripts turn on. Can it be done?

Thanks Jeff

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Good idea Jeff, that would be saweet! Do that instead of the side markers.

Just get a set in the 18 ga or whatever and weld them in.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
The ashtray cover would look really good with a bucking horse cut into it. I've got one off of a 80's somthing Bronco stuck on my speaker grill right now.

OP
OP
Carl

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
Hey Carl, what would be really cool! Do a set of fenders with the Bronco script laser out right where the chrome script are supposed to be. Then do a backlit with LED's. As soon as you hit your lights the scripts turn on. Can it be done?

Thanks Jeff

Anything is possible, but it wouldn't be practical. The problem is that I would only get one chance to get it right. Unless I was to buy several fenders to practice on just to scrap them out. The fender would need to somehow be mounted to the laser cutting bed perfectly straight and I would need to be able locate the exact location of where the chrome script is supposed to be.

It is a cool idea though.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
light it up

Hey Carl and Tito
My idea doesn't stop at just the script out were the actual emblem is located. After Carl laser out the bronco script cut out then a clear lexan Bronco script then comes through the cutout from inside the fender. So, you would have clear raised Bronco script emblems instead of for the chrome ones. At that point you would back light it with few tri color (red,yellow, blue) LEDs. Once you hit the lights your new clear script emblems would now glow and with the three color you could change the colors to what ever you want. You can match you color of you truck or contrast it but it sure would awesome at night!

I realize Carl the fixturing is the biggest hang up for you. We would get you a couple junk fenders to play with and make up a jig that allows you to put the fender in the same spot every time is the trick. I'm sure I could come up with such a jig for your table given some time and the chance. Just a though.

Thanks again, Jeff

BroncoDarin

Loc.
Spokane, Washington
Very Cool. I would definitely be interested. A bucking Bronco would also be cool for the dash. I am beginning to notice that I have the Bronco script in about 15 different places on the Bronco already and it would be cool to do something a little different.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Hey Carl and Tito
My idea doesn't stop at just the script out were the actual emblem is located. After Carl laser out the bronco script cut out then a clear lexan Bronco script then comes through the cutout from inside the fender. So, you would have clear raised Bronco script emblems instead of for the chrome ones. At that point you would back light it with few tri color (red,yellow, blue) LEDs. Once you hit the lights your new clear script emblems would now glow and with the three color you could change the colors to what ever you want. You can match you color of you truck or contrast it but it sure would awesome at night!

I realize Carl the fixturing is the biggest hang up for you. We would get you a couple junk fenders to play with and make up a jig that allows you to put the fender in the same spot every time is the trick. I'm sure I could come up with such a jig for your table given some time and the chance. Just a though.

Thanks again, Jeff

Have Carl cut out the script in a rectangle about 10"x4" or whatever the dimensions are and you can weld that "panel" in wherever you'd like. I think it would look good on the rear of the bed, maybe cut into some rear quarter protectors or something too...