• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any matte black bronco's?

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Was wondering if anyone owns or has pictures of a matte black bronco... Am thinking of doing this to one of mine when it gets its frame off resto. Want to "murder" it out. All flat black, any chrome gets powder coated, black wheels, no trim, no decals, ect....

seahawkfan

Loc.
Vacaville, Ca
Not exactly what you are looking for but most of it is flat black. Hope this helps you sorta get the idea of what ot will look like.

Attachments

• IMG_3667 (Large).JPG
    IMG_3667 (Large).JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 298

Big_chuck73

Loc.
San Marcos, Texas
This is a flat black epoxy primer, 3 coats. Came out pretty even for primer, 200 bucks for all the material. Check out my gallery.

Attachments

• bronco.jpg
    bronco.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 531

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Have you thought about how you'd treat the headlights? All black with bright lights kinda misses the point. I've tried to tint my lights but it ended up purple and looked like crap. It would be cool if GTS made blackouts for the 7" headlights.

4lofun

i have seen blackout headlights at jcwhitney. was a few years ago,bet they still there. go with the black,thats how my ranger is . i love it

Heus33

Bronco Guru
i have seen blackout headlights at jcwhitney. was a few years ago,bet they still there. go with the black,thats how my ranger is . i love it

I just checked JCWhitney and couldn't find anything - even chatted with their online service team with no luck - got any more info?

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Imperfections in the body work would show up really well with that color, but it would look pretty killer!!

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Imperfections in the body work would show up really well with that color, but it would look pretty killer!!

Ya, i realize that. I have had two different body shops look at the truck, and they want 8 - 10 k to do the body work and paint it. But i think it would look awesome! Also was thinking of "chopping" the top, ya know, like making the windows shorter.... Just a thought.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
If you make the window in a EB any shorter, you won't be able to drive it. I'm only 5'8" and I still feel really tall in it. You might want to look in to lowering your floor pans first. LOL

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Mine used to be primer black, I miss how it looked and how easy it was to keep it looking clean :)

bronco2.jpg

79driver

heres mine, the black and white, lol

Attachments

• jets skis and bronco 006.jpg
    jets skis and bronco 006.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 166
  • jets skis and bronco 004.jpg
    jets skis and bronco 004.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 72