• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any members running a Protofab front bumper please help...

Sun_and_Steel77

Loc.
Northern BC, Canada
Hi guys, I am about ready to order this bumper but I need a picture of the side view. Basically I want to know how far the "push-bar" or tube portion of the bumper sticks out forward of the grill.
I am after a non-winch bumper with clean lines and without much forward protrusion, but it would be nice to have that push bar as there are lots of deer and moose collisions in my area.

I know most of the vendors sell this same bumper under various names. Heres a picture from Protofab.
Thanks!

bumper.jpg

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Sorry to hijack a little but that looks a lot like the one I made...

Attachments

• cades_cove1.JPG
    cades_cove1.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 89

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Give WH a call or heck just call mike at protofab -- he's really cool and can answer in 2 seconds. I bet it's only slightly forward of the front of the bumper, but angled down enough to push the animal down rather than up and over onto the hood and into the windshield.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Agree with giving Mike a call. I just measured a Pre-Runner tube type with guard and it's 16" from the leading edge of the guard to the back edge of the bumper. And 19" from the leading edge of the tube to the Bronco's grille.

But that particular one you're looking at appears to have slightly less rake to the guard in the picture.
Could be the camera angle, but the best way is to get it right from the horse's mouth.
So to speak...

Paul

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Mike at protofab builds awesome bumpers. I have front and rear bumpers from him and love them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2