• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any nine inch rears with factory 4.30 gearing?

Itsa67

I am getting ready to hit the u-pull it salvage yard this weekend and was wondering if Ford ever used a 4.30 geared 9" rearend in a regular production vehicle (not a drag pac rarity)? Basically, do I have a chance in hell of finding a third member with this gearing?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Off hand I do think there was a option in some years but I'd say its going to be pretty rare. 4.10 or 4.56 will be way more common even then all I ever seem to find is 3.50 or higher.
So i really wouldnt count on finding a factory unit but it always pays to check the gearing as you never know what someone could have installed.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
These are only ones I see on my spreadsheet.

Attachments

• 430 gears.JPG
    430 gears.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
Itsa67

Itsa67

Thanks guys! In my research I have found references to some trucks and vans with the 4.30 ratio but nothing definitive yet. That list is very helpful Viperwolf. 4.30's for the front were easy and cheap since Isuzu sold a bundle of dana 44's with thick gear 4.30's but the rear may prove more difficult to find used.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That ratio is pretty common in the 90's Toyota pickups if you don't mind running a Toyota 8" axle.