• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any one form Illinois central area

calger

Loc.
WESTERN ILLINOIS
Just Seeing if ther were any bronco guys in my area? Did not know were they off road at. I never see a EB were i am from. I am about 45 min south of Peoria. About 45 min North of Springfeild, on the Illinois river.

Thanks cody

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Cody,

Quite a few Broncos here in Illinois. I'm actually just north of Chicago, but a bunch of guys closer to you too. A lot of the regulars check in at www.66to77.com/forums/ that are in the Chicago, burbs, and surrounding areas. Sign up and check it out. "Members" section tells ya where we are all at. Another way to stay in touch for local trail rides, shows, and whatnot.

The Cliffs is not too far from you. My buddy with an EB and a Zuk could show you around there if you are out there. He lives in Marseilles.

A bunch of us are headed to McCaslin Mountain (Northern Wisconsin) at the end of September too (see my sig). Good trails. Will be a blast. Hope you can make it.

John

OP
OP
calger

calger

Loc.
WESTERN ILLINOIS
Wow i went to college in Macomb. Never seen an EB runing around there. Nice pic, and nice rig's. It looks like all of you are out of my trucks limits. Not trying to invite my self, but if you guys ever get to geather, and need a extra truck or man. Count me in thanks cody
By the way is that Attca IN?

OP
OP
calger

calger

Loc.
WESTERN ILLINOIS
Thanks Jhon for the info and the invite. I would love to go on trail run, dont think my rig could hang. "Bone Stock" Would it be werid if i showed up in my yota? Would love to meet some bronco guys. How far is that up there? I think i am about 2 1/2 hrs from Chicago, how long for you up there?
Thanks for the post Jhon.

Cody

BradH

Loc.
Blandinsville, Il
Yes that was Attica in June. Just got back from a Colorado trip last night. Shoot me an e-mail and I"ll let you know when we are doing something. We do a lot of 4wheelin.
Brad

joe

Bronco Guru
mattoon for me cody, looking forward to meeting you all to. I'm about 45 min south of champaign, about an hour and a half east of springfield.

joe

Bronco Guru
BradH said:
Yes that was Attica in June. Just got back from a Colorado trip last night. Shoot me an e-mail and I"ll let you know when we are doing something. We do a lot of 4wheelin.
Brad

hey brad, I'd like to hook up with you all too. got everything tore down right now but hopefully i'll have one runnin in a few weeks.the wife and i are goin to hot springs at the end of september or I'd deffinetly make thet wisconsin run.

OP
OP
calger

calger

Loc.
WESTERN ILLINOIS
Ya i know were Mattoon is at!! 3 of my best frinds from the Marines are from T Town, its this small town right next to Efingham. And my wife works in that area. We are kinda in the decatur area half the time. Are you heading up to the midwest thing?

Thanks Brad, i will half to do that. I have been to Attca, but only on the honda. Used to live in Danville, did a lot of riding there. Just got the Bronco and new to this. I hate to say it but used to be a Jeep guy, had an Ok bulit cj in high school. Lockers, and lift. Now i got a stock 76. I am going to do a lot to it,just need time. Thanks for the post

OP
OP
calger

calger

Loc.
WESTERN ILLINOIS
Hey joe, just a thought. If you need any one to hand you tools. or hold a part. Just give me a call. I really wont to learn how to work on my own Bronco. I know some, but have a lot moor to learn. I am no weried internet guy, just a good old boy wanting to help and learn. If not thats cool, Thanks Cody

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
calger said:
Just Seeing if ther were any bronco guys in my area? Did not know were they off road at. I never see a EB were i am from. I am about 45 min south of Peoria. About 45 min North of Springfeild, on the Illinois river.

Thanks cody

Hey Cody, I live up here in Chicago on the North side. I am about five minutes from O'hare airport. - ;D Mike

OP
OP
calger

calger

Loc.
WESTERN ILLINOIS
Hey mike, do you ever make it down state? I think i saw your rig on that 66to77 illinois web site. Do you guys get to geather much up there?

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
"Bone stock" would not be a problem either. We're gonna have a good mix of Broncos there.- show trucks, stockers, and trail rigs. If you had to take the yota that would be fine too. You'll probably only get a little grief for not bringing the Bronco. ;) ;D
Seriously, Bronco or not, come up. Gonna be a tons of fun.

McCaslin is maybe 4 1/2 from Chicago (depending on how fast we're hauling).
I'd guess probably 6 1/2 for ya.

calger said:
Thanks Jhon for the info and the invite. I would love to go on trail run, dont think my rig could hang. "Bone Stock" Would it be werid if i showed up in my yota? Would love to meet some bronco guys. How far is that up there? I think i am about 2 1/2 hrs from Chicago, how long for you up there?
Thanks for the post Jhon.

Cody

Karl's 68

Loc.
green bay
Guys, not from Illinois, but there will probably be four EB's from the Green Bay area going to the roundup at McCaslin in September (two of us already registered). I will be driving a uncut '68 with 31's on it, so I won't be doing any hardcore wheeling either. Karl

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
calger said:
Hey mike, do you ever make it down state? I think i saw your rig on that 66to77 illinois web site. Do you guys get to geather much up there?

I recently joined up with John and Ken. It will be my first year running with these guys. I met John in person the other day. He lives about five minutes from me turns out. I hope that we will be meeting up for other stuff after Mt. McCaslin though.

Last edited:

joe

Bronco Guru
calger said:
Hey joe, just a thought. If you need any one to hand you tools. or hold a part. Just give me a call. I really wont to learn how to work on my own Bronco. I know some, but have a lot moor to learn. I am no weried internet guy, just a good old boy wanting to help and learn. If not thats cool, Thanks Cody

I'm in the shed bout 4-5 nights a week, getting ready to hit it tonight, new 351W & C-4 goin in, relocating the trany cooler out from the radiator, new 1/4 inch rock skiis and the list goes on. dont know if you'd learn much , except maybe from my mistakes, seems like lots of them.

getting ready for the ocbr in hot spring ak. to bad that northern gig is the same week cause I really wanted to go but comitted the trip out west