• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any one looking to start a New Business

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
So I wanted to put this question on this Bronco Chat . Because there's so many here .
I was reading on here about a year ago or maybe after Covid got a good bite on our Nation.
& It seemed like a lot of out BRONCO Friends couldn't find Machine Shops to work on out Bronco motors Rear Axle Pumpkins rebuilds & Lots of others related items .
... But as I READ YOU GUYS Problems . I said to my self not in my world.
.... We have 2 More than excellent shops . My FRIEND pete HAS 4 EMPLOYEES in his machine shop .
& One of his sons has add a driveline shop .about a year ago & it's really doing good also.
.......SO What I wanted if any of you young men with 40 years to spare or to work in your own business.
Since I'm an old Parts Plus Parts house owner ... & I believe you young men could do worse than to get started into the Machine shop business.
BUT My thinking is if your work for someone else in a repair shop & making from 30K TERRIBLE ... Up to about 75 to 80K per year . I believe you can open a Engine rebuild shop & I'll bet you can Buy out 2 or 3 old machine shops . If your a Mechanic already I believe you already know what needs to be done .
.... Feel free If any of you think I'm wrong ... But every shop I know of is so behind . & Your tourown BOSS.
GOOD LUCK. .

& YES I UNDERSTAND ... Getting that Initial investment Is the hardest part. I not sure I could be one of these people who bust their 401K to start a new business.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think it’s going to have to cycle in again sometime soon. We run out of shops, the remaining ones get too busy, then more start up to fill the void.
Then it goes back around again down the road.

I used to have seven or eight or more of various types and specializations within easy reaching distance and now I think I only have one.
And I hope they’re still there! Been in business probably close to 50 years or maybe more now.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Yes It worried me at sp many speciality shops & No one to learn from the old men.
THIS young man that i went to .. He started when I in business.... Now he's the old man in this area.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
So I wanted to put this question on this Bronco Chat . Because there's so many here .
I was reading on here about a year ago or maybe after Covid got a good bite on our Nation.
& It seemed like a lot of out BRONCO Friends couldn't find Machine Shops to work on out Bronco motors Rear Axle Pumpkins rebuilds & Lots of others related items .
... But as I READ YOU GUYS Problems . I said to my self not in my world.
.... We have 2 More than excellent shops . My FRIEND pete HAS 4 EMPLOYEES in his machine shop .
& One of his sons has add a driveline shop .about a year ago & it's really doing good also.
.......SO What I wanted if any of you young men with 40 years to spare or to work in your own business.
Since I'm an old Parts Plus Parts house owner ... & I believe you young men could do worse than to get started into the Machine shop business.
BUT My thinking is if your work for someone else in a repair shop & making from 30K TERRIBLE ... Up to about 75 to 80K per year . I believe you can open a Engine rebuild shop & I'll bet you can Buy out 2 or 3 old machine shops . If your a Mechanic already I believe you already know what needs to be done .
.... Feel free If any of you think I'm wrong ... But every shop I know of is so behind . & Your tourown BOSS.
GOOD LUCK. .

& YES I UNDERSTAND ... Getting that Initial investment Is the hardest part. I not sure I could be one of these people who bust their 401K to start a new business.

Definitely brother..