• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any other passenger seat belts that will work

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
Ive got the seat belt bolts on the passenger side but no belts. Montana law says I have to have them for a passenger. Is there any other van or car type with just lap belts that will work with the original seat belt bolts. Junkyard Broncos are prety rare around here although there is a roll over 69 ina secret location Im going to look at. Its supposed to be pretty picked over but they shouldnt be a hot item. Anyone have a set they will sell, black prefered?

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
It sounds like you want OEM belts, but if not, BC Broncos and Wild Horses both have lap belts that will work.

OP
OP
M

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
Yes, its uncut and Id like original ones if possable. Ive been watching Ebay and Ill check the one junk yard this week

brian72

Early Bronco Student
check because some laws state the year that the seatbelts are required.

OP
OP
M

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
Montana requires they be used if it came with them plus I feel better safety wise anyway on the icey roads. Hard to tell the guy it didnt when the bolts are there. Ill check some vans and the rollover 69 Bronco this week for some. Seems like a lot of van parts work on them. Thanks for the tip & Merry Christmas

66roadhorse

Loc.
Houston
I bought some from a Mustang vendor for my 66 Roadster. I paid $25 a set and they look very period correct. Not exact, buy they are period correct and look great. The came from Mustang Mania in Katy, TX and you could probably find them at any number of mustang vendors.

ponch0v

If you arnt looking for the "period" belts, try some three point belts. see the tech area for a list of doners.

OP
OP
M

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
Ones in the tech section would require cutting a hole in my halfcab which is not good in Montana winters. Looked at N8's setup and it looks like it would work. Will go boneyard exploring as soon as Im done changing the waterpump on my sons Toyota 4X4 tomorrow

OP
OP
M

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
Got some 70's f100 belts. The release is different then the originals with a push button. They will work until I find originals. The van belts bolt to the seats and wont work. Got the belts, a good vacuum wiper motor and a set of sport chrome ford grill letters for $15. The rollover Bronco had the belts gone already but I got the rest. Not much of it left except underneath. Biggest score was a coolant overflow bottle for $5 for my kids 87 Toyota 4X4 that they wanted $73 for at the dealer