• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any run-ins with Custom Auto Upholstery?

srestum

Hey all, I ordered a set of bronco seats from Custom Auto Upholstery in Medford, OR. They took the money from my credit card and that was the last I heard from them. I've tried the phone number for a week and it's busy. Iv'e e-mailed with no response. They sell kits on ebay specifically for 66-77 Broncos. Has anyone had the same trouble with these yahoos and if so, did you ever get your product? The rest of you, beware! Scott

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Call your credit card company and ask them how much time you have to cancel the order and get credit back for the seats. If you can't get a hold of the upolstery co by that date have credit card company withdraw the payment.

Dez

I bought some stuff from them about 8 months ago. I got most of the interior I ordered but was missing the matching door panels. I wrote them about 12 emails and called about four times over the next few months. The emails were obviously just deleted and I actually spoke with someone three times who flat out lied to me and said that they were sorry for the mistake and the panels would be shipped out the next day. Still don't have them 6 months later. The quality of the stuff I got is great but if they don't feel like sending it to you you're screwed. Sorry to tell you this but even if you talk to them on the phone you still won't get anywhere. I've also noticed that they have changed their ebay name a few times probably because they keep getting negative feedback from the people they screw.

Anybody else on this site beware of them. :mad:

Rusted1

I purchased a new bikini top from him last year for $15 off ebay, it arrived a few days later and was great quality no problems. I later ordered a full carpet kit and paid through paypal. The carpet was sent by fed ex and never made it to my PO Box. Probably not his fault but I have a feeling it was sent back to him and he failed to let me know. Anyway, I took a chance and ordered another complete carpet kit with front and rear seat covers, I could not beat his price. After I paid for the items I never heard from him. 4 weeks passed still nothing. I called and spoke with him twice at which time he had lame excuses , one being he forgot about the order. Well, everything finally arrived after I reported him to the ebay fraud dept. From the looks of his responses on ebay he is a very busy person, but not responding to phone calls emails and giving excuses makes for bad business. Guess he wins in the end because he still got his money. By the way, the seat covers are made well and look great. Sorry for the long post!

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
I bought a bikini top and carpet kit from the same guy... it took a few phone calls (over two weeks) but finally I got my stuff... cant beat it for the price.

I would recommend calling him to place your order, perhaps he is 'technically challenged' and doesnt know how to keep track of all the stuff he sells thru ebay.

Tell him that you want an order number and a date that it will be shipped... and that you will be calling back to get the tracking number that day.

my .02

OP
OP
S

srestum

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but the phone number I call, (541) 734-7747 has been busy non-stop for two weeks, and I call three, sometimes four times a day. At this point I'd like to find out what his story is, so if anyone else has a number for "upholsterman", I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Scott

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
I to got a bikini top from him off of ebay. I called to make the order of the ebay Item #. It arrived 3 days later.

After reading all theses posts, seems like it would be best to call to place the ebay order. I talked to some lady there and the whole transaction went very smooth.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I ordered my 1/2 cab carpet from him. It was a slightly custom carpet. Different than what he usually sells. I received it 2 weeks after I ordered it direct. Didn't use Ebay. Fit is good, could be better but for the price it was great. Sorry to hear others are having problems with him but I didn't have any problems.

OP
OP
S

srestum

Well, now that I'm set on not using Custom Auto Upholstery, does anyone know of a company that re-upholsters Bronco seats?

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Most EB parts vendors sell seat covers . I just bought a set of fronts & new foam from JBG . Haven't installed them yet but they look good . Jeffs also had the best pricing .

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
I got one of the carpet kits off ebay and had it in a week or so. BUT, I emailed about the upholstered fender well covers and kind of got a nasty response after the 3rd email and no responses. Don't recall now what it was but left a bad enough taste to make me decide I didn't want them from him. ???

Bluntman

Loc.
Memphis TN
I saw a set of his seat reupholster kits on ebay and i sent him a message about them. He sent me a real friendly response. I guess he's 'technically challenged', like someone said previously

SeanNollan

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. When I email him about a two months ago he was quite nice. However -now he has my money and hasn't sent the item yet. What's worse is that he's sent shipping info to ups, but the tracking number doesn't work.

If you try and call him, all I get is a busy signal.

What a joke.

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
[quote author=J-DUB link=board=5;threadid=21420;start=0#msg165161 date=1061997797]
I to got a bikini top from him off of ebay. I called to make the order of the ebay Item #. It arrived 3 days later.
[/quote]

Same here - bought a bikini top about a year ago off Ebay, he shipped quickly and the top was very good quality for the price.

Perhaps he's a victim of his own success?

7? BRONCO

Loc.
Wake Forest, NC
I got a carptet kit off Ebay made by him.............got it in just a few days and fits pretty good for the price, nice quality (haven't glued it in yet). I guess I'm a lucky one !?

SeanNollan

Update:

He replied to me and said that he's trying to get all of them done. If it happens who knows. Atleast he's alive.

OP
OP
S

srestum

He just sent me a reply too. Funny, maybe this forums do have weight to them!

SeanNollan

Re:Any run-ins with Custom Auto Upholstery?(UPDATE)

UPDATE

I got my carpet it on Thursday. He replied to me and said that he was backlogged. I told him I needed it by the middle of sept or I would be SOL. Box came to my door on 9/11/03.

My advice is to keep in touch with him, if you haven't gotten your item.