• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any S.E. Wisconsin/ N. Illinois Broco owners out there want to create a club?

Augustus

Loc.
South Milwaukee, WI.
Any S.E. Wisconsin/ N. Illinois Broco owners out there want to create a club?

I have one friend and one aquaintance who would be in.

Lets hear some noise....we can help each other out and maybe get a couple dozen Bronco's together and make a scene!

Anyone interested email me and let's see if we can make an impression in the midwest!!!!

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Nick,

If you'd stop eating cheese, drinking beer, and watching the Pack and come on down south, you can come hang with a bunch of good FIBs down here. ;) ;D
Just kidding! I went to school up there so I miss the old Wisco and IL rivalry.

Seriously, there a good group of us all around Chitown. Just met another EB owner down the street the other day. Personally, I haven't been on the trails with mine in while (been in the rebuild stage for the past year or so). But check out my website link on the left and go to Illinois Early Broncos. A bunch of us on there. Haven't updated it in awhile, but most of the guys are at their same email and check it now and then.

I think they are doing a Rockford run soon, right everyone? Attica maybe too? Both aren't super far from South Milwaukee.

Take care and go Bears! ;) ;D ;D

ps4wdc

Loc.
Illinois
What are the odds of getting this club active again....I'm just outside of Chicago in Schaumburg.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Hey guys,

I'm forwarding you an email now about a run at the park in Rockport you might be interested in.
Check it out! Aug 22, 23, 24. I might try and make one day if I can.

John
72_EB

KST1

72EB,

Can I get on the list for that e-mail? dfultz@scs.uiuc.edu

I'm down here in the Champaign/Ubana area and may want to get in on one of the club runs if I could.

Thanks,

-D

G

I live in Arlington Heights, but go to school at Purdue(30 min from badlands). Not yet an EB owner, but my uncle has one that He will give me as long as I upgrade some of the safety items. I think he wants me to put in a roll cage, 3 pt seat belts, and disc breaks, and it is mine. It would be nice to find some locals to help me with some of the projects I will be needing.

Go Bears!
Jimstein15@hotmail.com

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Hey guys, this is off topic but i thought i would take the oportunity, I sold a 73 half cab in Kenosha, WI in 88 before going to MSOE and would like to get it back since it was my first vehicle. If you know of any fitting the description below let me know. I am now in Colorado and have no way of looking for it back there anymore. They guy i sold it to collected them and was not going to drive it in the winters but if he did its probably long gone in the junkyard by now.
Thanks
Dennis

dennis.newman@excite.com

73 bronco
aluminum modular rims, rear cutouts only, half cab dented above the doors, entire truck painted dark blue. Had a custom half cab rollbar 2.5/3" diameter with mounting tabs for two lights inboard. Had an offy 360 degree manifold with carter AFB. Had 69 mach 1 seats, custom console and was an otherwise nice truck.

ps4wdc

Loc.
Illinois
Dennis,,,was the guys name Rich that bought your bronco and did he live in Union Grove, right down the road from the dragstrip?

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
[quote author=Glass76 link=board=5;threadid=20879;start=0#msg161322 date=1060815754]
Dennis,,,was the guys name Rich that bought your bronco and did he live in Union Grove, right down the road from the dragstrip?
[/quote]

I thought the guy was from Kenosha or at least worked there but I know there were very few EBs in the area. He could have sold it or even moved for all I know. An old friend saw it driving on 31 a couple years ago and said it was a little beat up but not bad.

The only thing i think really makes it stand out was the half cab roll bar. I made custom in a metals class in high school.
If it sounds like this guys truck give me a last name and I will give him a call.
Thanks
Dennis

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Hello,

Has anyone made a decision about a meeting?

How about we meet at the Penny Road Pub in Barrington next Friday(8/29) @ 6:30pm. If anyone has a better place, date or time; speak up.

We can talk about reactivating the old local club or starting a new one.

Jeff

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Jeff,
We're having a Labor Day party next Friday. Maybe we can meet at my place? They'll be a yummy keg of Labatts for all to enjoy! ;D
How far are you from Penny Road? I grew up in Barrington. My good friend Tim has a '76 still lives out there.
But drop me a line guys. Do all of you know there is a Rockport, IL run this weekend? I was hoping to make it, but the machine is not quite ready. I think there is going to be a few people there.

Later,
John

[quote author=jcwalsh1 link=board=5;threadid=20879;start=0#msg163920 date=1061571895]
Hello,

How about we meet at the Penny Road Pub in Barrington next Friday(8/29) @ 6:30pm. If anyone has a better place, date or time; speak up.

Jeff
[/quote]

ps4wdc

Loc.
Illinois
[quote author=jcwalsh1 link=board=5;threadid=20879;start=0#msg163920 date=1061571895]
Hello,

Jeff
[/quote]

Let me know if anyone is going to Penny Road on Friday

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Rick,

I sent John an e-mail asking for his address. If he is cool with us stopping by, lets just meet there. The free beer did not sway this decision. If this will not work lets wait a week.

Feel free to call me.

Jeff
jeff.walsh@aa.com
773-457-7932

G

I LIVE IN LAKEVILLA NORTHERN IL. I OWN A 70 BRONCO
A CLUB IN THIS AREA SOUNDS GOOD. THERE SEVERAL BRONCOS AROUND HERE I WILL LET THEM KNOW.
WE ARE GOING ON OCT.7,8,9,10,11. TO THE PIPELINE IN NICOLET NATIONAL FOREST IN WISC. ANY INTERESTED LET ME KNOW ALL ARE WELCOME.