• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody running an HEI dizzy?

Hauq

I run an HEI distributer. I like it, but I think I had to reroute my heater lines.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I got mine from SummitRacing. Basically the same thing. Still putting mine back together so I can't comment on how they work.

new to bronco

Loc.
Milton Fl
I have ran hei from procomp only problem i had was had to change fule line on my dp holley, you can pick one up on ebay for around 50 dollars.

orangecrush4u

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shelter Island, NY
I run a DUI in my 72 for about two years now and I love it. It was a little pricey and I had to knotch a piece of the hood support so I could close it. I bought a Summit HEI for my 79 a lot cheaper and it has been in for about a year. I like them, very simple and durable

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I run them on both of my Mustangs and they work great but I don't think they will fit under my stock hood on the EB.

4lofun

Just returned the one I got from summit.wouldn't seat down as it hit my edelbrovk intake.summit didn't know what intake to use. So for for price of intake and hei.I just ordered protrinix from wildhorse today.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
I've been running Mallory's HEI for a few years. No issues and the gear is good for cast or steel cams. If you do a search here on the procomp-off brand HEI's you'll see a mixed bag on peoples opinion. More than 1 has broken. %)

orangecrush4u

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shelter Island, NY
Just returned the one I got from summit.wouldn't seat down as it hit my edelbrovk intake.summit didn't know what intake to use. So for for price of intake and hei.I just ordered protrinix from wildhorse today.

Yea I remember seeing this issue, do you think it was the machining on the distributer?

4lofun

No idea it was so big that it hit intake by 3/8". Way. To much to. Just clearance the intake a little. Oh well got the pretronix on the way now.

Ned

Loc.
Hollywood Beach
I have a Mallory as well, I had to cut a small bit of the hood support to clear but other than that it runs really good, even with my carb giving me trouble.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
There is clearance on mine. I just have it turned off to the side but dropped it in at 10 degree timing. I adjusted the top cap so that the pointer is starting at #1. My buddy told me that it will still work correctly even though the cap is not straight. I'll look for a pic.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Found a pic

Will this still work as long as the pointer is on the number1? Sorry for hte hijack and the pic being sideways..

Attachments

• motor HEI.jpg
    motor HEI.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 26

markperry

Bronco Guru
I run one on my 67 Mustang and my 76 Bronco!
picture-277.jpg
[/IMG]
79360011.jpg

dgold_881

Contributor
I'm running the Bronco Graveyard HEI on my newly rebuilt 289. Fired right up first time I'll see how it does over time.

Attachments

• IMG_4045.jpg
    IMG_4045.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 18

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I've got the dui hei's on ours with 351ws and like em. When I first put it in my 72 it wouldn't seat all the way down then I remembered DUI says to run an aftermarket oil pump shaft. I ordered a new shaft from summit and it was fine.

ljspop

Loc.
San Marcos, Ca
I run a duraspark dizzy with an HEI module. Wanted to avoid the Gi-normous distributor but HEI modules are cheap and plentiful so I did the hybrid. Do a search there's a few write-ups on how to do it. Mines only been in for a few hundred miles, but so far it has been good.