• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone ever replace inner rear quarter panels?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was getting ready to order two inner rear quarters from Jeff's. Anyone ever replace just these sections only. The rear wheel tub and the rest of the quarter panel will not be removed. Let me know, or even if you have pics I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Much,

Blue71

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Yeah, I did. Only, I had to replace the wheel tubs and the front and rear filler panels. Would have replaced the rear floor but it didn't exist until a couple of years after I patched mine. Figures. Also replaced the gas tank panels. What are you trying to figure out? I have a picture of the passenger side welded up and a bunch of the old rusted parts. Never took pictures of the final work, though. Could if you needed....
Mikey

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Mikey,

I am posting a pic of what I am trying to do. My wheel tubs are in good shape as is the floor and luckely the panels in front and rear of the wheel tub. The quarter panel inner walls are eaten up pretty bad and I wanted to put the new ones in to replace them. Will probablu do both gas filler covers too. or at least the rear one. Just trying to figure out the best method of doing it. Not sure if it would be better just to make my own metal patches (I hate patching stuff) or go with the inner quarter panels from Jeff's to make it clean and neat. Let me know what ya think.

Thanks again,

Blue71

Attachments

• IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 36

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Boy, did that bring back a flash-back! I would probably go ahead and get the JBG inner panels and the gas neck stuff. That will show you where you can cut and splice in the panels. You don't have to use the entire new panel, just the parts of it you need. Feel free to PM me and I will give you my phone #. It's easier to discuss ideas over the phone, I think. It goes a bit easier than you think. Most of the seams are only spot welds with bondo for seam filler. I used an air chisel and attacked my problem but mine was much worse.....also, a nice air cut-off tool to get in around that ledge going up.

I feel for you....and I'm not done with mine yet either! Floor boards this year, I hope!

Mikey