• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone have Pics of 305/70's on thier EB?

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
So i have narrowed it down to BFG All Terrain KO2, but contemplating between the 315/75 (which i have currently) and 305/70's on a 16in Rim.

Anyone have any pics of the 305/70's on there EB to compare?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A 305/70R16 tire is basically a 33x12R16 tire in inches, so it will look just like every other 33x12.5 tire out there. The 315/75R16 is basically a slightly small 35x12.5 at 34.6x12.4 inches.

Here's a good calculator: https://tiresize.com/metric-tire-conversion/

OP
OP
gavindg

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
A 305/70R16 tire is basically a 33x12R16 tire in inches, so it will look just like every other 33x12.5 tire out there. The 315/75R16 is basically a slightly small 35x12.5 at 34.6x12.4 inches.

Here's a good calculator: https://tiresize.com/metric-tire-conversion/

Thanks Apogee, i had that part figured out, just did not know if that little difference is even noticeable on a rig. I have not seen many posts with guys running the metrics and i am used to the 315/75's right now.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No worries...there's potentially more size difference due to wheel width, tire manufacturers, tread wear, etc, than the small differences between the sizes you're comparing and their nominal inch counterparts. Nominal tire sizing is fairly erratic IMO, almost always smaller in my experience, although some come pretty close to their nominal specs.

On here, you're going to find hundreds if not thousands of pictures with 33x12.5 and 35x12.5 tires, and only a fraction of metric equivalents, hence my previous post. Not everybody is going to know the nominal inch conversion of a metric size.

If you post up a picture of your rig with lift specifications, that may help others with similar setups post pics of theirs.

Tobin

OP
OP
gavindg

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
No worries...there's potentially more size difference due to wheel width, tire manufacturers, tread wear, etc, than the small differences between the sizes you're comparing and their nominal inch counterparts. Nominal tire sizing is fairly erratic IMO, almost always smaller in my experience, although some come pretty close to their nominal specs.

On here, you're going to find hundreds if not thousands of pictures with 33x12.5 and 35x12.5 tires, and only a fraction of metric equivalents, hence my previous post. Not everybody is going to know the nominal inch conversion of a metric size.

If you post up a picture of your rig with lift specifications, that may help others with similar setups post pics of theirs.

Tobin

Thanks Tobin for the feedback, i was wondering why they were all of those sizes only. Here are a couple pics with the 315/75 r16's with a 2.5 in lift. I was thinking of going to the 305/70 for a little less rubber, and for around town more.
Appreciate any feedback..

Attachments

• IMG_5929.jpg
    IMG_5929.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5931.jpg
    IMG_5931.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 72