• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone have Doug Thorley 263 header install pics?

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Hope everyone is doing well these days! I recently got my hands on some Doug Thorley 263 headers for my 302. Before I dive into this install I was hoping some of you might have some pics of them installed in your Bronco. I would like to see where they sit from different angles so I can plan ahead for any surprises. I am running an older set of Hedman headers right now, the Thorleys are much better built and I love the thick flanges.

As always, Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I did try to search on the site and had no luck. Any info on the installation and problem areas I might run into is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know I could probably look them up on Summit, but have you got a link to them somewhere? I know we've bandied the Thorley name around a lot over the years, but not sure how many of those discussions ended up with a member actually using them.

Have not heard of many header fitment issues with an NP435, but modern overdrive transmissions are another story.
You have a non-stock oil pan/dipstick setup?

Paul

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Paul, thanks for the reply. I do not have a link, as far as I can tell they don't make them anymore or at least they are not on Thorley's site. I was just hoping to see some pics that show where they end up exiting underneath next to the frame. I have looked at them a bunch of times but its hard to figure where the turns will put them. I will keep scouring the internet and see if I can find anything.
Thanks and have a good one!

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
you can find a link on summit, long tube chrome right? But again, not available and no product info as to fitment. I'd say unless you know someone has these on an EB, your in for interference on lots of stuff.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure they are Bronco specific headers, I have read several posts about them. I just can't seem to find any pics. As hot as it has been lately I don't mind coming in and sitting in the cool air to look for pics! Ha!