• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone in the South Florida (Miami) area??... really need some help

71Rig

(already posted this in Tech, but seeing if I can get it around to more people) Ill start off by saying I have 0 mechanical skills and 0 tools but I love broncos more than life and I really would hate to give mine up because of this. My clutch is about to give out and I brought it to a mechanic today to look at and adjusted it a little so I would be able to drive it very minimally but said I definitely need a new clutch. Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue but he said that the headers are blocking the transmission(or maybe something else, but said that you would have to drop out the transmission to change it and do some more things, I can found out the details if need be) and it would cost thousands to repair which being a broke college kid I certainly cant afford. Anybody have any ideas or cheaper alternatives? I live in coral gables/south miami so if there are ANY bronco brothers out here willing to check it out or give me a hand that would be a lot safer than paying someone else to do it. Let me know!

Revelation

Bronco Guru
There are several on here, I am sure one will chime in. I would love to help but I am on the other end of the state. If you had in near Gainesville it would not be an issue for me.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Too far away for me unless you want to bring it to me.

Ned

Loc.
Hollywood Beach
I was given the name and number of guy who works on early bronco's down hear from the guy I bought my bronco from. He goes by mustang mike. PM me if you want it, I cant really give an opinion as to the guy other than I have been told he know his way around these machines.

gpete

(already posted this in Tech, but seeing if I can get it around to more people) Ill start off by saying I have 0 mechanical skills and 0 tools but I love broncos more than life and I really would hate to give mine up because of this. My clutch is about to give out and I brought it to a mechanic today to look at and adjusted it a little so I would be able to drive it very minimally but said I definitely need a new clutch. Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue but he said that the headers are blocking the transmission(or maybe something else, but said that you would have to drop out the transmission to change it and do some more things, I can found out the details if need be) and it would cost thousands to repair which being a broke college kid I certainly cant afford. Anybody have any ideas or cheaper alternatives? I live in coral gables/south miami so if there are ANY bronco brothers out here willing to check it out or give me a hand that would be a lot safer than paying someone else to do it. Let me know!
PM Sent, thanks

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Wow ... Good looking 71 EB !!! and yes its a GLK 6 ;)

i wonder how many are there in broward and dade county ?!!?

Attachments

• SDC10853.jpg
    SDC10853.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 470
  • SDC10856.jpg
    SDC10856.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
there are 12 of them combined in both counties.

Ned

Loc.
Hollywood Beach
nice, one I get the windshild put on and some seats I'll start comming to some of the events. I know there was a trip some of you were planning in the palm beach area, has it happend yet?

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
pull the engine. it's quicker & easier. it's still going to be a big job. best of luck to you.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
pull the engine. it's quicker & easier. it's still going to be a big job. best of luck to you.

In yours or Rogers garage ... hell yeah in a sec !!! in Adams ( 71RIG) with no tools !!! hmmm
Pete went to see it ... got PS + PB welded H pipes and looong headers !!! !!!
considering all that pulling the eng with the Trans would be the best and easiest way !!
I know .... we should get it up to Rogers and make a work weekend out of it !!!! ;) ;)

Going to school ( University of Miami ) in an EB like his is just way C :cool: :cool: L !!!!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Good job Franko. I guess the angle on the left shoulder beat out the devil on the right.

Last edited:

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
yup and 8 hours later ( just got home ) .... a GLk got a new clutch !!!
BIG Thanks to Pete, Adam should get his EB back on Fry !!!
Happy Easter !!! go get some Miami bunnies !!! ;)

Attachments

• P1011667.jpg
    P1011667.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 29
  • P1011658.jpg
    P1011658.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 29
  • P1011656.jpg
    P1011656.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 28
  • P1011657.jpg
    P1011657.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 31
  • P1011636.jpg
    P1011636.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 32
  • P1011665.jpg
    P1011665.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 32
  • P1011637.jpg
    P1011637.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 28
  • P1011645.jpg
    P1011645.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 31

bax

Contributor
Old Member
So you pulled the engine to get to the clutch? That's what I would of done.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
So you pulled the engine to get to the clutch? That's what I would of done.

HAHA ... thanks ... no we didnt !! pulled the headers and split the H pipe to get it to drop down !!
took a lil longer but got it done !!!