• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Anyone know this dealership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dpearce

New to the forum, but have been reading for months. Looking to buy my first Bronco. Looking for a fun driver with safe features for kids ie disc brakes, power steering, reliable engine, etc. came across this dealership in Anaheim. Curious if anyone knows about these guys. I called and was told asking prices are 26-30k. I live in San Diego. Thanks for any input.
http://www.dcmotorcars.com/inventory

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
The '68 Bronco I saw from a dealer in Venice beach. I'll see if I can find the thread I posted but evidently there's a funny story about it called "clown shoes"?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Almost certain they will be way overpriced. Seems like many high end dealers are jumping on the bandwagon now that ICON has their version of the Bronco advertised in the DuPont Registry for $195K (just picked up a copy today and saw the price went up again).

I just looked at the pics of one, and I can see they are obviously not Bronco people. The rear rubber under carpet mat which is used to fill the ribs and make the floor flat for carpet or a vinyl mat is installed upside down! %)

http://www.dcmotorcars.com/inventory/1-2l1317989757/Ford_Bronco_Grey_1974#request-info

I'd be very concerned of the quality of some of these rigs versus the prices being asked. I'm sure you could find as nice or nicer for less at places other than flippers like this who have lots of overhead and ad costs.

Last edited:

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
These trucks reek of nice paint on old junk. They obviously painted right over the rubber fender flare welting on the white one. I'd steer clear.

mattt

Bronco Guru
They have a lot of nice looking Broncos coming and going thru their doors. They are directly across the street from my office so I see everyday when a new one appears. I have not seen the grey one in the link in about a month.

Their interest in selling Broncos is a recent thing....Broncitis nailed it. About 2 years ago they had ONE. It sat for a long time then finally sold. I think they have found a new niche market that they're selling to. Prior to the 'Bronco thing' all they had was high end cars and H1's. 2-3 years ago they had at least 30 H1's....not selling. They still have a few but they've diversified their inventory now with Broncos, FJ's, and other specialty vehicles.

Their high end car business is always good to dream....I love when a Porsche Carrera GT goes for a test drive....sounds wicked and is unbelievably FAST off the line. I guess that is what $400k plus gets you.

Off the dream now...back to the Broncos.....all of their Broncos look nice, but they're not how I would have built one. I'm not sure if they are buying them done or if they're working with a resto, mod shop. Sometimes the attention to detail is lacking from what I've seen. Don't get me wrong...they have nice Broncos but for their asking prices in my opinion, the Bronco should be PERFECT. If there is one you'd like a set of eyes on, let me know.

danielmclindon

Loc.
Palmdale
26 TO 30K WOW, Let's see. Kraco radio, metal floors, no liner or carpet, Crappy paint, mismatched spare and a piece of pipe for a rear bumper. I could go on but why. 26k plus should buy you a show piece. I think it looks like a beater with a $300. paint job. Don't get in a hurry, you will find a cherry in the patch.

OP
OP
D

Dpearce

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your great feedback - kind of what I assumed. If anyone hears of any nice rigs in socal, shoot them my way.

dman29

The '73 looks like my rig that i just built/restored and lost to a guy out west actually

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
dpearce just check the for sale section here everyday and you will find good deals.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
Interesting that the '74 "Ranger" doesn't really have any of the original Ranger equipment on it. (Well okay, it has the badge on the glove box door!)

Sandgluff

A couple of you

indicated that you were right by this dealership, can anyone go down and check out the all white one and the orange one for me and give me feedback on them. Obviously, they look beautiful, but curious how they run and if there are any other things that stick out that I dont see online.

bob greene

Loc.
ORANGE,CA.
I'v looked at some of there stuff befor, most are mid range quality that are for looks not function, I would say they are in the $8,000. to $10,000. range. If you have $26,000. to spend, I would recommend you look at the 1971 Baja Bronco by Stroppe that Andrew has for sale on this site, and is super nice. If you bought the Baja you will be buying quality from a guy that dosen't sell painted up rust buckets and a Bronco that will just keep getting more valuable, and you can drive it. FWIW BOB;D

timhorr

red 69 at dc motors

Matt...you said you work across from DC....if you have time i would like to get your opinion on the red 69 bronco. i spoke to a sales guy on the phone and he said they arent frame off but the clean up and check electrical and compression...blah, blah, blah.....if you think it looks solid, i may pursue..but you guys have worried me about some of these guys painting over mud in the wheel wells!!

mattt

Bronco Guru
Matt...you said you work across from DC....if you have time i would like to get your opinion on the red 69 bronco. i spoke to a sales guy on the phone and he said they arent frame off but the clean up and check electrical and compression...blah, blah, blah.....if you think it looks solid, i may pursue..but you guys have worried me about some of these guys painting over mud in the wheel wells!!

I think there are 2 red ones right now. One of the red ones that I've seen up close has no stock dash. The dash is gone and they mounted up some aftermarket gauges on a panel. Not my style but some may like it. One thing that bothers me about a few of the ones they have now are the "cages" installed in them. I would hope you would never have to rely on it to hold up......1.5" tube and not triangulated. Most of the ones I've looked closely at have fresh paint and undercoating spray on everything. As an example....when they painted the grill it wasn't removed and/or anything behind it was not masked off so there is overspray inside the grill. In my opinion...they are making their Broncos look flashy but not doing a restoration or resto-mod that would more typically command the mid $20k price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.