• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

anyone make 33x9.50x15 any more

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
anyone make a 33x9...5x15 tire any more? Mark in san diego, beach city broncos.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
AFAIK BFG was the only mfg to make that size at all. They tend to only make it once a year, so once production is consumed that's it until the next year. That was my experience when running them anyway. I suspect that since that is the rear tire of choice for Class 1/2-1600 desert racing buggies (AFTER significant shaving) that production is mostly geared toward them.

Means a wheel change, but can go to the 255/85R16 for a similar sized tire, and those are/were made by several tire mfg's.

Joe473

AFAIK BFG was the only mfg to make that size at all. They tend to only make it once a year, so once production is consumed that's it until the next year. That was my experience when running them anyway. I suspect that since that is the rear tire of choice for Class 1/2-1600 desert racing buggies (AFTER significant shaving) that production is mostly geared toward them.

Means a wheel change, but can go to the 255/85R16 for a similar sized tire, and those are/were made by several tire mfg's.
I had reached out to BFG on the 33x9 50 and they said they no longer produce it and I should reach out to Coker tire. I called coker and they said they did not have that size at this time. I'm wondering if coker bought the molds and are waiting for increased demand to produce them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Most have gone to the 33-10.50R15 which is what I did and found that I liked them better.

willtel

I've got Super Swamper 34x10.5x15 LTBs on mine. I've never actually measured them to see how close they are to a 33x9.50.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You should. Next time you see a tape measure laying around, grab it and go outside and check. This is always good info for those looking at tires and gearing and such. Not to mention speedometer readings!
Mention the wheel size as well.

Good lookin' tire too. How do you like them so far?
Sounds like another tech thread. "How Big are Your Tires, Really!";)

Paul

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
If you haven't noticed, the tire manufacturers have been reducing inventory.
I would have bought the K02s in 33-950-15 too, but ended up settling for the 33-1050-15s.
Tall, narrow tires were what I was wanting.
It seems that if that's what you want, you have to settle for the heavy ten ply tires these days.
So, you have to loose performance to make it fit. ?:?

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
I bought a set of Cooper AT 235/85/16" tires lately, they're CLOSE, I'd say 32.5"x9.50"