• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

anyone mounted a hi lift across thier hood?

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Don't do it you will regret it. by far the best place is on a swinging tire carrier on the back bumper. I had one on my CJ5 for about two months, then took it off. In fact I moved it all over that CJ5 until I finally broke down and built a swinging tire carrier and mounted it there. That was back 30 years ago and you basically had to build those type things if you wanted them. Its extremely inconvenient on the hood and its easy to scratch the paint or ding the hood as well just moving it around. Better on the rack of the hardtop if you are running one.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Does your roll bar have a down tube that drops down diagonally to the rear floor area? Mount your jack alongside that tube.

BRONCROB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WISNER LA.
I wouldn't recommend mounting on the hood.I mounted mine to the front winch bumper.It was pretty easy and it adds some extra protection in the event of an accident.All it took was a couple 1/2 bolts and some used upper front shock bushings to mount it with no rattles.

TAC71

I built a fiberglass bodied Bronco for a customer a few years ago. I had deleted the heater and vent intakes under the hood. I mounted the hi lift on the top of the cowl under the hood. Not the most convenient location, but the customer loved it.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Don't do it 'because' Jeep guys do it...

Yup, then you have to mount lights to the lower windshield frame, install some diamond plate in various locations and possibly a snorkel. All while running 29" tires with a "If you can read this - flip me over" sticker on the windshield.
jeep%202.png

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
I mounted mine on the tire carrier also.
Fabbed this up on my Protofab bumper

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 54

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Don't mount it on the hood. It will also rust and leave streaks all over the hood. I mounted mine to the angle bar on my roll bar. Keeps it out of the weather, easy to get to , and wont get stolen as easy. Rear bumper mounts are good to just add some kind of lock so it wont walk !

ILikeBond

Yup, then you have to mount lights to the lower windshield frame, install some diamond plate in various locations and possibly a snorkel. All while running 29" tires with a "If you can read this - flip me over" sticker on the windshield.
jeep%202.png

OMG, too funny... ;D:p:-X

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
OMG, too funny... ;D:p:-X

Wow, with all those shithouse grab bars, who needs a HI Lift? That thing is hysterical! Sorry for the hijack..........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 20