• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

anyone runnin DUFF

BRO66

Loc.
Ft. Collins, CO
I was wondering how any of you thought the dual shock suspension lift rides. Onoffroad. :)
-with the hoop shock mount
-wout hoop shock mount
-full leaf pack

kingpin 77

I tried to deal with Duffs with in the last two weeks and there customer stinks. I would only go there on a last resort.

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
I have the 3.5 inch lift with the hoops that required the body lift. The front rides better than the 35 y.o stock springs and factory single shock mount, but that is nt saying much. The front does not flex like i hoped, but I still have the stock radius arms. I am hoping that a wristed or extended arms can solve that. I have the 11 pack springs in the back, and even with the hard top, they make the back sit higher than the front. But they ( the back) flex awesome, and I believe they ll flex even more when i get some longer e brakle lines. On the street the ride is "bumpy", but not any worse than before. I have had no problems with Duff s service and have bought alot from them.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=kingpin 77 link=board=5;threadid=15319;start=0#msg116069 date=1047952184]
I tried to deal with Duffs with in the last two weeks and there customer stinks. I would only go there on a last resort.
[/quote] ??? ??? ???
never had ANY problems with them they are always going out of there way to help me :- :-

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have their stage 2 kit and I drives alot better than before. I like the duals on the hoops corners well and is not that stiff. Stiff is called RANCHO :eek:

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
I have Duff's 2.5" lift progressive-rate coils up front with the Stroppe design dual shock mounts. They were simple to install and work great. Then I installed the urethane "C" buchings with the 6 deg. caster correction. Oh what a difference that made in the ease of steering on the highway! I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I put urethane Radius Arm bushings on at the same time as the c-bushings, they should outlast the stock rubber ones by a long shot. I have no complaints with anything I installed from Duff. But then If I was going to lift it higher than 2.5", I would do some things differently.

BH

Ranger77

Loc.
Albuquerque,NM
I have the 3.5" lift w/front hoops and 11 leaf rear. It rides pretty stiff and the back end does stick up higher than the front like red said. When I put my lift on, it did require extended E-brake cables and brake lines. I also had to get the driveshafts extended.

mgweiss

Loc.
Denver
Anyone have Duff's extended radius arms? I'm wondering how they work compared to a wristed arm setup.

Allen_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sugar Grove Pa
[quote author=mgweiss link=board=5;threadid=15319;start=0#msg116233 date=1048004513]
Anyone have Duff's extended radius arms? I'm wondering how they work compared to a wristed arm setup.
[/quote]

I have a friend running them and he loves them. No unpinning/pinning on the road. they're a great compromise for those that want highway stability and off road flex.

Lonestar

Loc.
Austin, TX
I have their 3 1/2 coils in front and I am very happy with them.... But before replacing them I had a set of old Rancho coils (very stiff)

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=mgweiss link=board=5;threadid=15319;start=0#msg116233 date=1048004513]
[/quote]
Most the people I know that have them went fromm the wristed to the duff arm and they said they would never go back :)