• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone runnin dynomax vt muffler?

kntr

Bronco Guru
Are they as loud as a Flowmaster when you stomp on the go pedal?

malonejy

Bronco Guru
I actually hate exhaust videos but I thought I would try and make one to see if helps anyone make their decision. Hope this helps :D

This video tries to show how my exhaust is routed.
[youtube]Xuy4I3wBKPA[/youtube]

Here's from under the truck and up to about 3500 RPMs.
[youtube]OWcURC8pgQQ[/youtube]

Here's from behind and up to about 4500 RPMs.
[youtube]kmjBNyxDwqw[/youtube]

rhino2104

I haven't used these mufflers but I've used DynoMax mufflers a few times. I love them. They produce a quality product for a reasonable price. I picked up a complete, mandrel bent kit for my '79 Chevy half-ton truck. It was manifold back true dual exhaust kit and I paid something to the tune of $250 shipped. That was 11 years ago or so so I'm sure that the price has gone up some but still likely a great deal.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
What Airbur says is correct because just before he bought his VT's, my VT"s had to come off... good warranty as I'd had them a year and they gave me full credit for them. :)

On my stock 351W they were great. Very quiet at idle with a nice throaty sound without drone upon acceleration. I built the 2 1/2" mandrel exhaust in anticipation of my strrroker I was building....

SO the 418 strrroker goes in and the dang valves rattle at idle... and I mean RATTLE... you could hear them from 50 ft-seriously. I called customer service, talked to a design engineer and he said yes they will ALWAYS rattle on "free-flowing" engines with good heads and a larger cam unless you have and "H" or "X" pipe. Well I have no room for one...none so I'm out of luck and went to MagnaFlo's instead which are OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD.... Well, I'm running 205CNC machined Trick Flow heads and a roller cam with .588" lift at .050" lift. On my 250K mile 351W I built back in '86 they were perfect... on the strrroker the VT's I'll bet were 2-3 times louder than on my 351W... really flowed air but were loud.

My Magnaflows really sound like open headers at full throttle...so loud that I can't really hammer the pedal anywhere when driving unless I'm in the hills. They are obnoxious////