• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone runnin dynomax vt muffler?

buckintone

Loc.
Carlsbad
I'm thinking of running dual dynomax vt's off long tubes with H pipe 2 1/2", may throw cats on as well to kill fumes and cut volume if still too loud. Anyone have some insight on these mufflers?

redtail

You don't really need cats man, I have mine tuned up decently and even right at the pipes I can hardly smell it.

its mostly stock with a e-brock 600 4bbl on top.

Annapolis76EB

Loc.
Annapolis, MD
I am running these and love them. They are really pretty quiet at idle (no problem talking or listening to music), are fairly quiet at cruise (no drone), but when you put it to the floor these things scream. As for an H-Pipe, I really dont think you need it. If routed properly and installed correctly your pipes should stay fairly balanced (assuming you dont have a crazy high performance engine). I had a very well respected exhaust company in my area design mine using 2 1/4" madrel bent pipe (flows better than 2 1/2" crush bent) and they said they would include an H-Pipe for an extrea $60, but said I would be wasting my money. As for the cats, cut them off and dump your pipes out behind your rear tires. I have no issues with exhaust smell on mine unless I am in the garage with the door shut enjoying some carbon monoxide.

Also, Dynomax customer service is awesome! After about 100 miles my mufflers started to get a pingy vibration in them. I called Dynomax and they said I was one of the first customers to buy these and that some of these early mufflers out of the factory had developed a loose valve due to a flaw in their design. They sent me two brand new mufflers overnight, gave me a $100 for my troubles, and paid the shop directly to take off the old mufflers and reinstall the new ones. You cant beat that.

Last edited:

Annapolis76EB

Loc.
Annapolis, MD
And I didnt even have to fight with them about it either. When I called they transferred me to their tech guy and he said he had been trying to track me and everyone else who bought an early muffler down to replace them. Good people over there. They will definitely get my business again.

Annapolis76EB

Loc.
Annapolis, MD
eb66to77 has heard them and could probably give you his unbiased opinion as well. Although he has mentioned that he is putting these on his as soon as he needs new mufflers. They really do give the best of both worlds.

OP
OP
B

buckintone

Loc.
Carlsbad
Great info, I heard their guarantee was great, this verifies that claim. I'm running 408w with a water injection and powerdyne supercharger w/9lb boost(really quiet,no whine). I am also running the stock spec 1994 Bronco cam, I'm building a quiet sleeper, 0-40mph beast. I love the idea of a daily driver driver sound turned heavy breath snorting beast! this valved muffler is supposed to cteate. I'm getting them. I'll post my results when she's running in june:b

Thnx for the responses

vintage bronco

I am running these and love them. They are really pretty quiet at idle (no problem talking or listening to music), are fairly quiet at cruise (no drone), but when you put it to the floor these things scream. As for an H-Pipe, I really dont think you need it. If routed properly and installed correctly your pipes should stay fairly balanced (assuming you dont have a crazy high performance engine). I had a very well respected exhaust company in my area design mine using 2 1/4" madrel bent pipe (flows better than 2 1/2" crush bent) and they said they would include an H-Pipe for an extrea $60, but said I would be wasting my money. As for the cats, cut them off and dump your pipes out behind your rear tires. I have no issues with exhaust smell on mine unless I am in the garage with the door shut enjoying some carbon monoxide.

Also, Dynomax customer service is awesome! After about 100 miles my mufflers started to get a pingy vibration in them. I called Dynomax and they said I was one of the first customers to buy these and that some of these early mufflers out of the factory had developed a loose valve due to a flaw in their design. They sent me two brand new mufflers overnight, gave me a $100 for my troubles, and paid the shop directly to take off the old mufflers and reinstall the new ones. You cant beat that.
How about posting a sound clip ?

70broncobeast

I'm running race bullets, too loud for what you want, but they sound great.
I like Dyomax, they make quality products for half the cost of other brands.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I have Dyno-Max Mini-Turbos and they sound great; quiet at idle and easy acceleration, and a nice rap when I get on it. There are ~20,000 miles on them and still hanging in there.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I like the sound of them. i probably will never "need" new mufflers so I am just going to cut the flowmaster 40's off and replace with these when I want to change the music. We can record it this weekend as long as no driveshafts try to come off.

kntr

Bronco Guru
Now that these have been out awhile, how do people like them? Is the flap holding up well?

Anymore opinions?

malonejy

Bronco Guru
I love that I have no more drone and I like that it's quieter than my old Flowmasters. I occasionally hear a rattle (I hate rattles!!) and I think it's the flap inside. I only hear the rattle when stopped at a red light for example, but it's just one of those sounds that I don't like to hear. My Bronco may be over 40 years old, but I know every sound it makes and I know when I hear something I'm not supposed to ;D Overall, I am very happy them.