• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone runnin Wristed Radius Arm...?

40cent

Loc.
Marysville, WA
Havent seen to may people runnin these. Whould like to see how well they work and is anyone really producing them?

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
Just do a search there are plenty of threads of people who are running them and there is at least one company that is making them but I can't think of it off hand.

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
For the price, you wont get much better that a wristed arm. I had one for a year or so. I worked really good.

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
Its a tough question, both do well and both can be built cheap.
I like the wristed arm, I've run it for 8 years or so with no problems.
The wirsted arm only controls axle wrap on one arm if un-pinned.
If the non wristed arm is beefed up with some angle it will be strong enough.
Long arms are nice cause they are ready to rock at all times. No pin to pull and you get good travel. Bad part is ground clearance but its not that bad.
Wristed arm will get just a tad more travel out of the coils than an extended arm due to taking out the bind in the c-bushings. Its not easy to drive unpinned as the rig will lean around corners and needs to be pinned on road.
Seems that the wristed arm is as close to stock as you can get and also get tons of travel when needed. If you have the cash get the Cage arms if not build one of the arms.