• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone running a T-bird/Cougar/Mark VII EFI Upper Intake?

byson1

Loc.
Nashville
I just picked up a good running 93 Cougar with the HO 5.0 (mass air). I know the upper intake sits lower than the Mustang models but thought I read that it might interfere with a manual brake master cylinder. Anyone running this?

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
Plenty of people running these. I have one on a pallet right now ready to install. Dont remember any problems with clearance on stock M/C. Someone will post a pic. I had a few somewhere, but cant find right now.

vertex

Loc.
Oregon City
I have the EFI from a 92 T-Bird but I also have a vacuum booster with an angled bracket and a 2" body lift. I could not tell you if it will interfere with a manual booster but it should be fine. I have pictures in my gallery of the EFI setup.

OP
OP
byson1

byson1

Loc.
Nashville
I have the EFI from a 92 T-Bird but I also have a vacuum booster with an angled bracket and a 2" body lift. I could not tell you if it will interfere with a manual booster but it should be fine. I have pictures in my gallery of the EFI setup.

Assuming the brake m/c is not an issue, can you tell if that motor and intake combo would fit under an unmodified hood without a body lift?

vertex

Loc.
Oregon City
It should fit under the hood with no body lift. I have a 1" upper intake manifold spacer and I still have a few inches clearance.