• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone running FOA shocks?

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
don't have any myself, but i wouldn't be afraid to run them. seem like a good company from what i've heard about them. i'd never own a king shock, unless they were given to me ($$$$$). don't forget about Race Runner, if you are looking at coil overs. guess it depends on your budget.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I have a set but I have not installed yet. Planning on CO for the front. The way they are built I can see why they are cheaper than the big names, but they look like they will work fine and are good quality.

OP
OP
fetorino

fetorino

Loc.
Orange, CA
Quality?

I have a set but I have not installed yet. Planning on CO for the front. The way they are built I can see why they are cheaper than the big names, but they look like they will work fine and are good quality.

What is it about the way that they are built that would make them cheaper? You say they look to be good quality but are you saying the quality doesn't look up to snuff with the big names?

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
THe bodies appear to be tubing cut for the adjuster thread. The adjusting thread is very coarse, very little twist equals alot of adjusting length. Shafts and ends all look good quality. They use regular black reservoir hose which will work fine. I guess the only surprise I saw was the adjustment thread. It will work fine for this I am just more used to coli overs on race cars and snowmobiles. Much finer adjustment. I can attach some pcis if you want or look at the web site. Again I cant say anything bad just observations.