• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone running the JBG stock height front springs?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
They're Moog coils - you can tell by the mfg. part number. Yes, they're progressive. 245 lb/in. initial rate, which is stiffer than stock but won't rattle your teeth out. They might be the ones I had on my truck from the late '80s-mid 90s.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
They're Moog coils - you can tell by the mfg. part number. Yes, they're progressive. 245 lb/in. initial rate, which is stiffer than stock but won't rattle your teeth out. They might be the ones I had on my truck from the late '80s-mid 90s.

Todd Z.

Sounds like these might be the ticket then for my sometimes daily driver--a stock uncut 76 with the front sway bar. And new Bilsteins. Thanks.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I have a set on the shelf. I installed them for about 2 days. As toddz mentioned they are the Moog CC812 coils which are the standard stock replacement coils. I installed them with the JBG stock rear leaves and the truck had a 2.5" rake to it, higher in the rear. The JBG stock rear leafs are the 6 leaf packs I am guessing about equivalent to what came on the HD GVW Bronco package originally. I ended up tracking down a set of the CC810(F100) coils that had been sitting in a warehouse for about 15 years and my Bronco sits level now. I will see how things settle in. Right now it appears that I have about 1" of lift all the way around over the standard Bronco "stock non-HD" package.

If you have the stock rear leaves(5 leaf) that aren't the HD package the CC812's should be just right.

OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Dang, not what I wanted to hear. I am replacing the rear leafs with the Wild Horses 11 pack, so I imagine they would be considered HD. Moog says they discontinued the CC810's in 2014, with no replacement.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Dang, not what I wanted to hear. I am replacing the rear leafs with the Wild Horses 11 pack, so I imagine they would be considered HD. Moog says they discontinued the CC810's in 2014, with no replacement.

It, depends. May be worth a call to see if WH will give you a spring rate on their rear leafs.

Moog did discontinue them, but that range of springs was made by multiple manufacturers. I tracked down a set of old stock springs and got the manufacturer's information from the vendor before I bought them which was like pulling teeth to pry it from them. I called the manufacturer and verified the spring rates and loaded/unloaded dimensions before I bought them. The manufacturer still had the info in their system and said they could make the 810's for me, about a 2 week turnaround. They were $189/set though. I paid pretty close to that for the ones I found though.

It is a shame Moog dropped the 810's as they were really cheap when Moog had them in production. The 810's have a spring rate of 270 lbs and are right at a 1" lift over the 812's. I am sure part of the 2.5" rake I had was that I replaced the gas tank at the same time and my initial measurement was with an empty tank. I didn't remeasure everything until I had swapped the coils for the 810's and filled the gas tank. I am sure the empty tank was about 1" of the rake. I am also running a soft top. I may well find that if the rear springs settle in or I put the hardtop back on that the 812's would be just fine. The 810's definitely ride firmer though.

Lemme see if I can dig out the manufacturer's info. They were extremely nice and the guy I talked to was happy to answer questions and BS about trucks. He had an F100 he was working on.