• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone tunning Xcelerator mufflers?

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Heard a friends Expedition with this brand and it sounded good, course he had a cat, and Im sure a 4.6 sounds different than a 5.0

But Im just getting to old for a flowmaster,
not gonna buy a Buick anytime soon,
(well, if I found a deal on a Park Avenue Ultra, with the supercharger...)
but Im not 16 anymore.

Gonna swap the mT's for AT's too, so I can get a radio and actually hear it.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I have one on my Bronco. It has two inlets and one 3 inch outlet with 3 inch tailpipe out to rear side. It is LOUD ! Not bad at al just sitting but if you step on it, it is loud.

Attachments

• front pipes to muffler.jpg
    front pipes to muffler.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 21
  • rear pipe.jpg
    rear pipe.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 14
  • tail pipe.jpg
    tail pipe.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 16
  • bronco from rear.jpg
    bronco from rear.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
R

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
WHat length is your muffler, do they come in different lengths and styles?

I know the cat knocks off a lot of sound, my brother runs just a cat and no muffler on his 96 Bronco and its not that loud.

So I was thinking of running another muffler in front of the xcellarator, like maybe a cheap glasspack or something.

the one on this 4.6 sounded really good, nice deep tone, but it wasnt loud.