• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone use fender flares with the flared rear fender panels?

Jedeka

Contributor
I like the looks of the rear flared fender panels that Match the front fenders. My question is about running a wider tire. How big of a tire/wheel combo are you guys running with the rear flared fender panels? Does anyone make a nice flare to use on them?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Kinda defeats the purpose of buying and installing the flared rear quarters. If you want flares just cut the stock quarters.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think the question is more about "Use them as is, but what if we go wider later?" maybe?

I have never put a flare up against the new fenders Jedeka, but they might be large enough to allow you to cut out more of the new style fenders to fit. I don't know if they're the same shape and size as the new openings, to the point you could just bolt them on without cutting to get a wider coverage.

Not a lot of them out there yet, but we've seen a few. I'll see if I can find one out of the box this weekend at our swap meet and lay a Warflare over it to get an idea of size and shape.

If they're not the same and you have to cut, I'd say most people would not want to go that route. And so many owners just let their tires stick out past even the fender flares, that not a lot of them are going to add even more flare anyway. They'll just run the tires wide.
Which means data points will be few and far between.
Hopefully I can put the two together and see.

Paul