• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone use this hood?

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
I have that hood. I bought it off Ebay from an individual selling it. I picked it up for $200. I spent probably that much having the body guy fit it to the truck to get the lines straight. It was bowed just enough that we ended up cutting it in multiple places down each side and reinforcing it with balsa wood and relaying glass to remove the bow. Also, your vents will need to be modified as they hit the hood once it was mounted. On the right vent, I ended up sanding the hood down under the bottom. On the drivers side, I ended up cutting the vent down a lot and glueing the gasget to the bottom of the hood for a good seal. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go with a different, more $$$, hood that didn't require so much work to get it all to fit. But, in the end, I really like the look as it was different than most others I've seen. Cheap isn't always cheap in the end. You can see some pics in my gallery.

Also, if you think you want to buy it, it looks like the guys making it is selling it on Ebay. I'd call them and ask them what happens if you don't like it because of fitment issues etc...

OP
OP
broncoP

broncoP

Contributor
I have a fiberglass hood on my orange bronco in my gallery. I like the look of them, but swore i'd never by another fiberglass one again. I had the same issues for fitting. I couldn't get the front to line up perfectly no matter what i did, so i ended up grinding the front edge of one side to line it up, and reinforced it behind with fiberglass. I checked at your gallery, i do like the look of it, but i'll have to decide if i want all the headaches again.

1sorbronc77

Loc.
Kellyville, OK
Looks sweet, but to spend that money on it,and then have to pay to cut,fit,fiberglass,not sure if it's worth the trouble, good luck

grant&c2

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
If you want a fiberglass hood get a name brand one from a vendor. Any of the other cheaper ones I've seen on a bronco fit badly. I made the mistake of buying the RR hood and it fits horrible. I plan to replace it before getting the wifes 66 painted.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
I dont know if that hood is me, nor do I want the problems I will pay the extra, any suggestion what vendor??

I was thinking of getting a Toms full delux cowl hood, anyone have suggestions or problems with theres?

BC Broncos has the same style but I dont know if they have the same support? waiting on an email from chuck now'

BRONCO26

Loc.
SENOIA
a friend of mine just bought one and it is 3/4 inch to short & a 1/2 inch to narrow. he sent it back.

BigO

I can't open up Ebay links (blocked by work), but if that is the RR hood, SAVE YOUR MONEY! I bought the RR hood to save a few bucks%) , and I would not recomend it to anyone! I had to so much work to make it fit right, it may have been easier to just cut a sheet of plywood the approximate size of the hood, and do all the fiberglassing myself;D .

If I were to do it over again (and I probably will soon), I would by a fiberglass hood from a reputable Bronco vender. I hope to buy this hood in the near future from BC Broncos. They have bracing on the underside, so you can still use the stock hardware. Wild Horses also has a good selection of good quality fiberglass hoods.