• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone using Flow Kooler water pumps?

23firefly

Any of you using flow Kooler water pumps? What kind of temp reductions are you getting?

thanks

purple72

Loc.
Wilkinson,IN
Been running one on a 91' 5.0 for about 6 yrs. I figured about a 20 degree drop with that and ceramic coated headers. I'm building another 5.0 project right now, and just ordered a Flowkooler water pump for it. Even at $100, I still think it's worth it.

Mudbone

Loc.
North Augusta
I've never run a FlowKooler, but I've had great results with a Milodon aluminum water pump. The 289 in my '73 stays on the thermostat even in 100*+ South Carolina summers. Jeg's and Summit sell them.

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
I ran a Flow Kooler on my 69 and loved it. It can hit 110* + here in the summer and I never had any over heating problems even in stop and go traffic.

cuz1

Loc.
Raleigh NC
Flowkooler water pump is great. I run Ron Davis radiator with the Flowkooler water pump. I also use water wetter in the radiator. On our hottest day in NC my temp. gauge never went over 180

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I had one when I still had the 302. It made a real difference. I'm planning on getting one for my 5.8 soon. In the Southern heat, I really could use it.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
If I have a stock pump and radiator, which would you say would be a better "bang-for-the-buck"? Radiator, or pump upgrade?

COBlu77

Loc.
Arvada, CO
I've been using a FlowKooler on my 5.8 and it works well. I can't tell you about a temp reduction, because it keeps things at the thermostat temp (195-210) even on the hottest days in stop and go traffic.

I had Milodon on my 302 and it worked well also.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
My 302 has a flowkooler and a stock radiator, in the mohave desert heat or loaded down never got it above 180. They are more expensive but a great investment.

Kaw-Liga

Loc.
Palm Coast, FL
So I am going to have my local shop rebulid my rad in week or so, when I do I figured I'd replace the water pump at the same time. In your opinion, should I use a new water pump from NAPA ~50$ or a Flowkooler which I believe is about 100$(of course I don't want to spend that much money) but is really worth double the price. I live in central FL where it gets quite hot in the summer time, heck today it should reach 65-70. I've never had a problem before with cooling so would the oem replacement work fine? Thanks.

Rob

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
Kaw-Liga said:
So I am going to have my local shop rebulid my rad in week or so, when I do I figured I'd replace the water pump at the same time. In your opinion, should I use a new water pump from NAPA ~50$ or a Flowkooler which I believe is about 100$(of course I don't want to spend that much money) but is really worth double the price. I live in central FL where it gets quite hot in the summer time, heck today it should reach 65-70. I've never had a problem before with cooling so would the oem replacement work fine? Thanks.

Rob

Spend the extra money it will be worth it in the long run.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I also have one, it gets about 110 down here as well.
Pump seems fine, its not the solution to a overheating problem, but its a solid pump. Mine is 6-7 years old, been over heated to over 280 degs before (Forgot to turn the electice fan on) and the pumps seals held together.