• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone wheelin' in Washington this weekend?

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Anyone going wheelin to the Liberty area this weekend? I am camping near Leavenworth this weekend and was going to pull over the Bronco with me. Just wondering if this area is good for wheelin'?

OP
OP
Ryans71

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
That would be cool!! Sunday would work for me. We're camping at the Thousand Trails outside Leavenworth. I can email you my cell so we can hook up.

Anyone else interested

yellowbilly

Loc.
Auburn, WA
I wheeled Liberty many times in m college days but this weekend I am going to head to Moses for an afternoon this weekend...finally got my nitrous dialed in right and want to open it up a bit ;D

Have fun up in Liberty and if anyone gets over to Moses, stop me and BS for a bit!!!!

yak67

Bronco Guru
figures......the only time in quite a while that my EB isn't running. Have a fuel leak that needs to be fixed, too close to my exhaust :eek: had a minute to look at it last night, the PO has a mess of fuel line, so need to redo all of it, after I saw the mess just wouldn't feel safe running it. anyway have fun. ;D ;D

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Ouch it says it's a 4 hour trip but it looks more like 6 hours to me. I'll have to think that one over a bit.

yak67

Bronco Guru
ryan,

yeah, but its more than just the leak, I'm glad it began, there's fuel lines with 1/2" of exhaust. So I plan on re-routing my whole fuel system this weekend.

saddleup,

yeah that would be a long haul, I drove down your way last month from here and it took about 3.5 hrs, and from here to Liberty is about 1.5 hr. I'd split the 4 and 6 hrs. to give you a decent idea.

OP
OP
Ryans71

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Yak,
Yeah it sounds as if it's time to reroute them.......lucky you haven't had any problems so far. Are they metal fuel lines or rubber? If they're metal, I'm surprised you didn't get any vapor lock.

If you can't go this weekend, PSVB is putting on a trip to Naches/Manastash area on the weekend of the 10th - 12th. Maybe you can be there for that.

Ryan.

KJHill

Contributor
Loc.
Central WA
I'll see what I can do for Sunday (I live in Cashmere). 73Toy- That must be you Chris?... Maybe we could hook up @ the Big Y gas station & head up to Liberty. I've been realy wanting to see how mine runs (now that I've got that funning looking top ;D ).

yak67

Bronco Guru
Ryans71 said:
Yak,
Yeah it sounds as if it's time to reroute them.......lucky you haven't had any problems so far. Are they metal fuel lines or rubber? If they're metal, I'm surprised you didn't get any vapor lock.

If you can't go this weekend, PSVB is putting on a trip to Naches/Manastash area on the weekend of the 10th - 12th. Maybe you can be there for that.

Ryan.
rubber hose....gonna start on it in the morning, but doubt I'll get much done...lots of other stuff going on.

what trails are you guys gonna run in naches? different ratings or just the tuff stuff? don't have any lockers, and some of those trails require them from what I hear. NEED TO GET THEM! I'm hoping '05 will the EB buildup year ;D

OP
OP
Ryans71

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Yak,
The naches trails shouldn't be too bad. It's usually pretty dry this time of year. I too am open on both axles, but I have a winch I pull myself up or out of something. I've taken a bone stock 2000 wrangler on the shoestring without too many problems. I think we'll be running trails above kaner flats and the shoestring lake trail. There'll be three or four broncos and a couple of jeeps. I think Suzy Duff is coming with Hi-Ho as well. Let me know and I'll give you the scoop for next weekend.

Ryan.

OP
OP
Ryans71

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Actually, Chris (73toy) wasn't able to go due to t-case issues. So I drove up to liberty anyway and did a little mild stuff myself. But then ran into a group that had a couple of Broncos in it. So on the first hillclimb (kind of nasty) I blew a front axle shaft u-joint. But then again, so did a couple of other rigs in the group.........

So now I'm desperately trying to get a new upgraded set of axle shafts before this weekend.

Ryan.