• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

aod and 302 efi swap

colobronco

Ok i'm going to be starting soon a swap of a 1990 mustang 5.0 HO and aod. I've seen quite a bit of write ups on the swap. but haven't seen much about the cross member. does some one have plans for a crossmember modification? I saw the one on toms and looks like a stock cross member, just slightly modified. I've got the whole car, so i think the swap won't be too hard.
What are people running for exhaust? can the stock bronco manifolds work? the stock mustang headers look like crap.

74BroncRanger

TTT...

I just got hold of a 93 5.0 HO intake to oil pan, wiring harness and all and am going to attemp a similar swap. Really exited to complete this engine swap and looking for any details/tips experienced members can provide. Thanks

-b.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
The Crossmember mod is very easy - It actually shows you what to do in the AOD/D20 Adapter instructions. I will see if I can locate and scan in my copy.

The exhaust manifolds depend on which heads are on your engine. Hopefully soneone with more knowledge about that then me will be able to chime in. On my 91 Marquis engine the Duff long tube headers work just fine, but the 98 Explorer engine with the GT40P heads are going to require different headers.

OP
OP
C

colobronco

i just started thinking about the oil pans. will the mustang one work. or would i be better to use my bronco pan?

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Most ppl switch to the Bronco pan, it is clearanced for the front axle. You will have to switch oil pump pickup, and the dipstick may have to be relocated also. I was lucky that the Marquis oil pan was pretty close in shape to the bronco pan, so I'm using it.