• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD Body Lift??

Big Rig

Loc.
San Diego, CA
I did a search but couldn't find anything conclusive. Did those of you who installed a AOD also have to install a BL? If so, how much of a BL?

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
1" was perfect for me. I have talked to several people who had to "modify" their tunnel without the body lift and only one who got lucky and it fit for some reason. I think he may have been running a fiberglass body though.

1" will clear for sure though.

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
Just got my tub back on the frame. I'm running 2" BL and everything has plenty of space. It does look like a 1" would work as stated above. No BL will create issues with the tunnel.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Did the 4R70W (7/8" longer then AOD) without a body lift. required tunnel mod.
1" lift should be enough. At worst it would be slight clearancing of the body crossmember with a 1" lift