• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD lower gear set

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
Ford Racing Performance - of find a shop that rebuilds AODs and they may have a gearset from an AODE for less $$.

tonto

Bronco Guru
[quote author=bsaunder link=board=5;threadid=11419;start=0#83905 date=1037675881]<br>Ford Racing Performance - of find a shop that rebuilds AODs and they may have a gearset from an AODE for less $$.<br>[/quote]<br><br>It's actually called a wide ratio gear set, and FRPP is who sells them, but they will tell you that you can get a better price from one of there dist. like Summit or Paw or Jegs.<br>All though it may not be listed in Summit or Jegs catalog you can get the PN# from FRPP and ask Summit or Jegs if they can get it and how long, how much. FRPP wanted around $700.00 and Summit only wanted $550.00.<br>Or you can also do as bsaunder suggested and look around for a used set and rebuild it.<br>Good luck, Francois.<br>

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If you want to go junkyard shopping, you need to look for an AODE-W (the W designates the wide ratio gear set) or a 4R70W trans. The 4R70W is a new name for the AODE-W.<br><br>If you are getting the gearset from the late model trans, why not just use the late model trans? A simple little controller give you all kinds of control over shift points and firmness. Just read the article in the latest Bronco Driver mag. (Oh, I guess I wrote that didn't I ::))<br><br>If you still want to do the old AOD route, you should be able to use a gearset from any case. There are only 2 cases, smallblock/3.8 V6 or a moduler case.

OP
OP
67halfcab

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
Thanks for your help.<br><br>I was curious because I may have an AOD coming my way real real cheap. Not free but close enough to free for me not to pass it up.