• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD Trans lines

chriskent85

So what is everyone using for transmission lines. I converted to an AOD. Anyone have any suggestions.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Metal lines, just like the factory did them. They shed heat where running all rubber holds in more heat.

OP
OP
C

chriskent85

where can I get them from. I have seen some for A MUSTANG but didnt know if all aod line fit.

OP
OP
C

chriskent85

Does nobody make braided lines for them. When I got the truck it had a C-4 with braided lines

OP
OP
C

chriskent85

I dont mind using the hard lines. Wont I have to make my own lines from the end of the hard line to the trans cooler?

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I've been planning for this and want to go hard lines. I like the stainless braided in certain situation but not a fan on anything longer distance.

I found these adapters from Dorman for hard lines and they popped right in and should be perfect for the 3/8" lines I'm putting in.

(Connector Oil Cooler Tube; 1/4 In. Male to 1/2 In. Female)
1675874505141.png

I'm not there yet, but using these lines:

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
So frustrated on this…so I finally received my Jegs line kit. Online it says 3/8” line and 1/2-20 tube nuts. Perfect, that’s what I set up for and got the above adapters for.

When it came, the box says 5/16” line. I measured to make sure it’s not just the box it was packaged in and it is 5/16” line… And now looking online looks like there are not 1/2-20 nuts for 3/8 line which makes it so the adapters above won't unless I go with 5/16 line.

I'm gonna have to just deal with the 5/16 line, esp since my inline trans cooler is also 1/2"-20.