• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD transmission drip question

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Hey folks,

My rig hasn't been driven in about 2 months. I drained the ATF and pulled the pan to notch it to fit the driveshaft.

But It still leaks from the transmission guts/valvebody/somewhere all over the floor. I figured that after 2 months everything would have settled down into the pan, but it keeps dripping. I have cleaned up a pretty sizable mess every day for the last 4 days after the pan has been off. Does this sound normal?

Thanks,

Brett

tinmanxx

The pan only holds a small part of the atf, most is held in the torque converter. Some converters have a drain plug. Once drained your drip will stop.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
That's correct. All the little passages in the transmission will take months, maybe years to fully drip down.