• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are 73 side mirrors swapable?

73EXP

Loc.
Richmond, Virginia (Home of Duke's Mayonaise)
Hey-<br>OK OK- silly Q..<br><br>I have the 73 Bronco Explorer..<br><br>& I'm wondering if a LEFT hand side (cable remote controlled) side view mirror can be installed on the RIGHT side of the truck...<br><br>I have a left one ( though it came from the factory without a right side view mirror)<br><br>This is the RANGER package mirror- the one with the DEEP frame around it. It has a large ball joint on the back where it meets the support arm..<br><br>So can't I just FLIP the mirror in the ball socket and plant the sucker on the passenger door?<br><br>Huh?<br><br>:)<br>

66horse

Bronco Guru
I would think so. You owuld have to drill a hole for the control know in the door, but Ithink it should work no problem. I owuld have to look more closely at mine to see.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
If you want one for the passenger side, go to a u pull it kinda place and find an older ford/lincoln/mercury, alot of them had the remote mirrors like that and they have a longer cable for the passenger side, allowing for it to be mounted so the driver can adjust the mirror. <br><br>My 75 had the factory remote and I scored a passenger side at the local pick your own part place and it matches the 75's perfectly. Then if you have an extra driver side, sell it on ebay to pay for the one you bought, plus you'll have extra change from that I'm sure.<br><br><br><br>snake