• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

argh...0 for 2 yesterday

JJ Deuce

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
A guy I work with knew I was looking for an EB and told me his dad had one at the farm that he hadn't driven in years and might want to sell it. He checks with his dad later and finds out he wants to keep it. Strike one.

So I go back to the Internet and lo and behold, there's a blue '73 that looks familiar. I was pretty certain it was the one that belonged to a friend of my dad's back when I was in high school. Sure enough, the seller emails me back and it is the same truck......but it's already sold. Strike 2!

Just had to vent. I'm sure the right bronco is out there.

junrran

Loc.
Spring
Sorry man, theres one out there for you, some where.

I look on CL for kicks and there out there just have to drive. Saw a couple listed for 4K one in Austin and one in Bastrop. Don't know how much you want to spend or drive but they look good. I drove 4 hours one way for mine good luck.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I know this..if their on CL and the price is close to right and the EB is close to good shape, they be gone quick!! and the high priced hacked up turds are on for several months or a year even!

Welcome to the site JJ and good luck with the EBhunt;D

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
you should join the LEBC (web site link below.) several members in SA area and various other places around Texas and surrounding states. lots of help available plus we have discussion forum on google groups under LEBC.

http://www.lonestar-ebc.org/

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I'm here in SA and know of a couple for sale. What's your budget and what condition are you looking for? PM me or call me at 210-842-8617. Need to join us in the LEBC. Great folks.

OP
OP
JJ Deuce

JJ Deuce

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Thanks all. I don't mind paying for a decent truck. I want to build a daily driver. The biggest thing is that I want a manual trans.

The '73 was pretty rough but it was cool that it was my friend's old truck. I've poked around the LEBC website but haven't joined.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
JJ Welcome. Don't let something like a tranny stop you from buying a decent truck. tranny swap is easy and you are likely to find many people who want an auto like a stock c-4. Happy hunting. Hook up with the local boys as stated above, they usually know where they are all hiding and if a brother decides to sell, you will have the inside track.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Keep the faith, their out there. I missed out on quite a few before finding the perfect one for my needs. Being patient and persistent paid off. Welcome to CB.com., theirs lots of good people hear willing to help you out. If you find one some distance away, ask if someone can look at it for you. Good luck and good hunting.