• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arkansas Title... any suggestions??

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I lost the title to my Bronco before I put it in my name. It was previously titled in Arkansas. It has been about 8 years since I have seen the title and I don’t remember the name of the business I bought it at. (It was some kind of implement yard)
I have contacted the Arkansas DFA and they will not help me find the previous owner due to some privacy laws.
Anyone from Arkansas had to go looking for a title before that can lead me in the right direction? This is kind of frustrating I am ready to go on my build but don’t want to put a lot of money in it without a title.

rwill

title

There was at one time a procedure to apply for a lost title here in Ar.(they got tired of us printing our own). Call and ask the DFA office. I live close to one that has always been helpful in the past. If you can't get anywhere on the phone email me and I will do some leg work for you on this end.

mattoo

Loc.
NLR
Out-of-State Residents

Those living outside of Arkansas may request a replacement title by completing the title application. (You can also call (501) 682-7076 to have the form mailed to you.) Fill in the address section that indicates where you'd like the title to be sent. Then, mail the form, any required lien releases, a copy of your registration, and payment for the $5 fee to:

* Department of Finance and Administration

* Special License Unit

* P.O. Box 1272

* Little Rock, AR 72203

Checks should be made out to the Department of Finance and Administration.

Please allow at least two weeks to receive your title.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
You can also apply for a Junk Yard title if I recall. But if yours is just lost, do as instructed above...

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The problem you have to get past is that a title exists that is in someone else's name. Different state but I had to deal with the same issue in MS on a 65 Mustang that I had. I can't remember exactly because it was quite a while ago, but I had to get a title bond before I could proceed with getting it registered. You might try contacting a company that does that and see what they tell you.
Good Luck.

I just recently tried to get titles switched for 2 broncos that I have. I didn't want to register them I just wanted to get the title switched to my name. Once it's in your name and it gets lost it's simple to get replaced. The lady trying to help me kept wanting to sell me a tag, I don't need a tag, I just want them in my name..I finally gave up. Probably just go back later and do it and pay for antique tags.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
The problem you have to get past is that a title exists that is in someone else's name. Different state but I had to deal with the same issue in MS on a 65 Mustang that I had. I can't remember exactly because it was quite a while ago, but I had to get a title bond before I could proceed with getting it registered. You might try contacting a company that does that and see what they tell you.
Good Luck.

I just recently tried to get titles switched for 2 broncos that I have. I didn't want to register them I just wanted to get the title switched to my name. Once it's in your name and it gets lost it's simple to get replaced. The lady trying to help me kept wanting to sell me a tag, I don't need a tag, I just want them in my name..I finally gave up. Probably just go back later and do it and pay for antique tags.

one time tag forever!

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There was at one time a procedure to apply for a lost title here in Ar.(they got tired of us printing our own). Call and ask the DFA office. I live close to one that has always been helpful in the past. If you can't get anywhere on the phone email me and I will do some leg work for you on this end.

thanks!
they are unwilling to help since it is not in my name.... GRRRRR!

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Out-of-State Residents

Those living outside of Arkansas may request a replacement title by completing the title application. (You can also call (501) 682-7076 to have the form mailed to you.) Fill in the address section that indicates where you'd like the title to be sent. Then, mail the form, any required lien releases, a copy of your registration, and payment for the $5 fee to:

* Department of Finance and Administration

* Special License Unit

* P.O. Box 1272

* Little Rock, AR 72203

Checks should be made out to the Department of Finance and Administration.

Please allow at least two weeks to receive your title.

Thanks for the info.... but again they wont talk to me. I just need a name! I will contact the owner if they dont want to be bothered ill leave them alone...

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok I managed to get a city it was last titled in, it was Osceola Arkansas, and it was some kind of implement yard, could have been a boat yard. Haven’t found any more information yet but at least it is a start.

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
a bill of sale is all we need here in Michigan, take that to SOS they say ok run the VIN for theft or lost vehicle alerts and a hour later if it is clear they hand you a title and say thank you

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I may have found it I am waiting on a call back. we will see if it turns out to be the place if so I am a bill of sale and a police verification away from having my title....

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I found it. however the guy didnt seem like he wanted to cooperate.... he said he has to talk to corporate and wants me to call him back tomorrow. This isnt looking good...