• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Article on the new Bronco

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Yeah, that's been circulating. Ford is trying to justify sending jobs to Mexico by stating that they are still going to build some vehicles in the US. But, do they not understand we aren't idiots. Yeah, maybe people won't (hopefully) lose US jobs, but Ford is not creating NEW jobs.

As to the Bronco, I am very skeptical it would be something I'd want to buy. Unless it is rugged and basic right out of the box, body on frame, removable top, then they would get my attention. I think of what a piece of crap the Bronco II was and I am not very hopeful.

I've been in the market for a new vehicle all year. For the last four years my daily driver has been my FJ40. I want to reduce the miles I am putting on it and also hopefully reduce the chance of it getting hit (by not being on the road so much). Anyway, I have been looking and looking at vehicles. To get anything descent you are looking at $30K. And nothing new really excites me. Been looking at SUVs, and all new stuff is basically the same curvy, blob that everyone is building. I am almost to the point of putting the same amount I'd pay for something new and just go find another restored classic to drive. Back of my mind I have been holding out for a look at what the new Bronco will really be. But I am sure that is a few years out still.

tirewater

Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Yeah, that's been circulating. Ford is trying to justify sending jobs to Mexico by stating that they are still going to build some vehicles in the US. But, do they not understand we aren't idiots. Yeah, maybe people won't (hopefully) lose US jobs, but Ford is not creating NEW jobs.

As to the Bronco, I am very skeptical it would be something I'd want to buy. Unless it is rugged and basic right out of the box, body on frame, removable top, then they would get my attention. I think of what a piece of crap the Bronco II was and I am not very hopeful.

I've been in the market for a new vehicle all year. For the last four years my daily driver has been my FJ40. I want to reduce the miles I am putting on it and also hopefully reduce the chance of it getting hit (by not being on the road so much). Anyway, I have been looking and looking at vehicles. To get anything descent you are looking at $30K. And nothing new really excites me. Been looking at SUVs, and all new stuff is basically the same curvy, blob that everyone is building. I am almost to the point of putting the same amount I'd pay for something new and just go find another restored classic to drive. Back of my mind I have been holding out for a look at what the new Bronco will really be. But I am sure that is a few years out still.

Buy the new Nissan Armada/Patrol.

I can't see a two door bronco showing up. Perhaps a Ford Everest called the Bronco.

Removable top? The Wrangler unlimited with the top removed isn't exactly open air...sort of a targa top with back removed. Targa top the Everest?

Nothing too exciting out there atm...but we'll see.

ledslinger29

They float this every few years to gauge interest. A couple of years ago it was gonna have a diesel four banger. Whatever they do it'll be a bronco in name only, you can just about be sure of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I know I am comparing ideas and car makers in this opinion, but if the new Ranger has the look like the newer Toyota Tacomas, then I'm in. It needs to look sporty, but rugged. It needs to also be fuel efficient. And, like the Tacomas, they need to offer the Ranger in variety of packages. Not just a V6, but an I4 would help boost sales.

Secondly, the new Bronco should not look like the early 2000s concept. Four door is not a Bronco thing, but if they want to compete with Jeep, then it's an idea they need to consider. Compact is in, but it cannot be a can on wheels. The Jeep Renegade and the Toyota Rav4 are little compact cars trying to be SUV. It doesn't need to be bigger than an Expedition, either. It has to come somewhere in the middle.

I hope they do their homework. I hope they hearken back to a classic look, like what they've done with the new Mustangs, that way it stands the test of time. Look at what happened when they remodeled the Thunderbird. That didn't work out.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
If Ford makes an Everest type SUV then I'm out. If Ford makes a true Wrangler fighter then I'll trade in my daily driver Rubicon. I'm not holding my breath!!

MI-Bronco

starting to sound legit

Rumors I'm hearing say it will be built on the F150 platform in Wayne...

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
If they based it off the Troller 4x4 that they build in Brazil it could be a Wrangler beater.
An Everest type build? aka an Escaplorer. %)

tirewater

Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Geez, I don't know about that. :)

The Everest is built off the global Ranger platform, so still body on frame. Similar to a Toyota 4Runner.

If they based it off the Troller 4x4 that they build in Brazil it could be a Wrangler beater.
An Everest type build? aka an Escaplorer. %)

Attachments

• trollert4off-roadedition-17.jpg
    trollert4off-roadedition-17.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 172

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Geez, I don't know about that. :)

The Everest is built off the global Ranger platform, so still body on frame. Similar to a Toyota 4Runner.

Ugh! That thing is U G L Y! I guess sorta a step in the right direction but it better be better than that or else another T-Bird Fiasco. Although the T-Bird had potential, Ford just never tried with it!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Ugh! That thing is U G L Y! I guess sorta a step in the right direction but it better be better than that or else another T-Bird Fiasco. Although the T-Bird had potential, Ford just never tried with it!

/\/\/\ That's exactly what I expect them to do.

They really don't have the right leaders to do it anymore.
They have trend followers instead of trend setters.

muskrat

Bronco Guru

Last year I was in the market for a new SUV. For me, the decision was pretty simple, i went with a 4runner. Body on frame, decent milage, aftermarket parts if you want to lift and wheel it.

I wheel it also, and it is super capable. Especially the Trail Edition that I bought with the rear locker and crawl control.

Take a look at one before you pull the trigger. Not cheap though, but bullet proof reliability.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I know I am comparing ideas and car makers in this opinion, but if the new Ranger has the look like the newer Toyota Tacomas, then I'm in. It needs to look sporty, but rugged. It needs to also be fuel efficient. And, like the Tacomas, they need to offer the Ranger in variety of packages. Not just a V6, but an I4 would help boost sales.

Secondly, the new Bronco should not look like the early 2000s concept. Four door is not a Bronco thing, but if they want to compete with Jeep, then it's an idea they need to consider. Compact is in, but it cannot be a can on wheels. The Jeep Renegade and the Toyota Rav4 are little compact cars trying to be SUV. It doesn't need to be bigger than an Expedition, either. It has to come somewhere in the middle.

I hope they do their homework. I hope they hearken back to a classic look, like what they've done with the new Mustangs, that way it stands the test of time. Look at what happened when they remodeled the Thunderbird. That didn't work out.

The thunderbird was a flop because the geniuses at Ford forgot that they sold more '58 four passenger thunderbirds than they sold 55,56 & 57 COMBINED

A two seater car is a toy. Plain and simple
Plus ford doubled the price from the 1996 thunderbird to the retro toy bird

They turned it into a toy AND doubled the price , then acted surprised it didn't sell
If someone was gonna spend $40k on a car in2000, they are going to buy a status car like a BMW or Benz or Lexus . Not a ford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Buy the new Nissan Armada/Patrol.

I'll take a look. Thanks. I had a Nissan Xterra for eight years and it was extremely reliable. Ended up giving it to a nephew, who is really enjoying it. But this was the first model year design and way under powered and guzzled gas. I was never happy with the engine. I couldn't kill it, but it was anemic.

Last year I was in the market for a new SUV. For me, the decision was pretty simple, i went with a 4runner.

Take a look at one before you pull the trigger. Not cheap though, but bullet proof reliability.

Thanks. I agree. This one in on my very, very short list. I know that Toyota is extremely reliable. Consumer reports beats the crap out of the 4runner, but for all the reasons we'd like it. I have not test driven one yet, but wife and I sat in one at the dealer. Just didn't have time to drive it. Will do that this week.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
. . .

Thanks. I agree. This one in on my very, very short list. I know that Toyota is extremely reliable. Consumer reports beats the crap out of the 4runner, but for all the reasons we'd like it. I have not test driven one yet, but wife and I sat in one at the dealer. Just didn't have time to drive it. Will do that this week.

But the new 4Runner is so ugly! :eek:

LOL!

bbolander

Since it's going be built alongside the new Ranger, it most likely will be Everest based as some have mentioned. The Everest actually looks pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9cM5hBzMY0

This is what we'll all be doing to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9OP9vIg21E

The question is, will it be Everest like with some retro Bronco body panels? Or will it have an entirely new body as a Wrangler fighter?

Logic says retro body panels on the Everest. But the Wrangler, Cherokee, Tacoma and Colorado are hot sellers now. So why wait so long to bring out the Bronco? Maybe because it takes a lot of time to develop a new Wrangler fighter body!

It's been interesting watching Everest videos on Youtube. All around the world the Body on Frame SUV off-road vehicle demand and competition is very strong, just not here. In South Africa they call them "Bucky" based SUV's (pickup based).

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I don't get why guys are so wanting something that's already built with a warranty...It's called a Wrangler.

Ford will never bring over a full frame two-door,. removable top, anything...that's Wrangler territory. FORD CAN'T AND WON'T GO TOE-TO-TOE WITH WRANGLER.

Seriously...someone with more time than me post when the Classic Bronco made more hp than the current JK Penty? Or was more capable in stock form than say a Rubi?

Do I think a new Jeep is as cool as an early Bronco..no. Do I see any motor company Stateside with the WILL to step into the ring...no.

Most Americans want CUV's. Oversized high-riding station wagons. Shareholders want payouts. The modern day version of an EB is a JK whether ya'll like it or not.

When the Wrangler finally succumbs to crash tests or EPA...I can't imagine how high they will sky rocket in price. The Jeep faithful are right up there with HD.