• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

asking price opinion MORE PICS ADDED

cobralee

Loc.
Northwestern OK
I am currently in the process of trying to get my ignition switch out of my dash and I just need to know: Do I need to take the key cylinder out of the ignition switch first?

If I can not get the wiring sorted out, is there anyone in the northwestern Oklahoma area that is knowledgable on the subject and would be interested in helping me. If so, how much?

I have come to the fork in the road and I have been seriously considering selling my '71 Bronco. I am wondering what a fair price is to ask for it. Here are its specs:

strong 302
edelbrock intake
edelbrock 4v carb
hedman headers

floor shifted 3 spd
stock transfer case

D44 front
BB 9" rear

The body was recently painted and is in very good condition & the doors have been customized. The interior has diamond plate door panels and inner quarter panels. body is 99% rust free

custom fixed bucket seats and aftermarket seatbelts

Thanks in advance for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• My Digitals 258.jpg
    My Digitals 258.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 18
  • My Digitals 226.jpg
    My Digitals 226.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 27
  • My Digitals 227.jpg
    My Digitals 227.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 26
  • My Digitals 255.jpg
    My Digitals 255.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 22
  • My Digitals 265.5.JPG
    My Digitals 265.5.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 5
  • My Digitals 262.jpg
    My Digitals 262.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Short answer is yes - there's lots of info on the tech side - probably an article or two as well. Try out the search function - you'll get a good write up about the switch. Wiring can be frustrating - be patient and you'll get it sorted out.

BTW - clean rig! Any plans for a roll bar/cage? Just noticing the seat belts. There's some good threads on safety/seat belt mounting points as well.

For value - I'm a little out of touch with where prices are right now but kinda think in the 10-12k range - any other upgrades - disc brakes/power, etc?

OP
OP
cobralee

cobralee

Loc.
Northwestern OK
I was thinking about making this one a very unique Bronco. The previous owner did a great job of smoothing out the quarter panels and sealing up the doors. There are no bolt holes to bolt a top onto it anymore. If I keep it I plan to make a custom tonneau cover and at least a four point roll bar. I would also like to install some seats out of a 69-73 Mustang.

The bronco has manual steering and manual drum brakes. I planned on installing an automatic transmission, power steering and power disc brakes. I also planned on rhino lining the interior.

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
key cylinder

You have to remove the cylinder 1st.

To remove the cylinder

Note that below and to the right of the the key is a small hole. Insert the key, then push in the pin inside the small hole with a paperclip (I used icepick). While pressing in the pin rotate the key counter clockwise to about 9 o'clock. At that point the cylinder will pull straight out.

After the cylinder is removed you can remove the switch. Reach up inside the dash and push the cylinder towards the dash, then rotate it (I recall that you rotate it counter-clockwise, but not 100% sure). The switch has a spring that pushes it away from the dash and two small arms that hold it inside the bezel. When pushing it in you are aligning the two small arms with slots in the bezel that will allow you to rotate it and pull it out.

From there the switch simply unplugs from the harness.

**Make sure that you disconnect the battery before starting'**. You don't want to accidentally start the truck when trying to remove the switch.

As for the harness - they are really easy to replace. If your wiring is patched or aged I recommend going with either a Centech or Painless. Both can be installed in about 4-6 hours and come with everything that you need. The only real 'skill' that is required is soldering - which can be learned in a few minutes through trial and error. Don't sell because of wiring - a novice can do this and Centech is very good about answering questions if you get stuck.

OP
OP
cobralee

cobralee

Loc.
Northwestern OK
capped doors

did you cap the tops of the doors behind the vent windows? got a closer pic?

Here are some more photos of the Bronco. Some of the reasons I've been considering selling is because I haven't even bothered to do anything with it in a long time. I've also been wanting to get a '56 F100 for years and with the market down like it is right now, their prices are pretty low in comparison to a few years ago. I don't really want to sell the Bronco but if I was offered the price I'm looking to get out of it, I would most likely end up selling it.

Attachments

• 118cb.jpg
    118cb.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 115cb.jpg
    115cb.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 9
  • 113cb.jpg
    113cb.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 3
  • 111cb.jpg
    111cb.jpg